Assistant Professor in Computer Science and Information Technology
Chairperson, Computer Science and Information Technology; Department Coordinator, Graduate Instructional Technology Program
St. Joseph Hall, 2nd flr., West Wing, SJ208
- MPhil., Ph.D., The City University of New York
- B.S., M.S.E.E., St. Petersburg Electrotechnical University
- Data Structures
- Algorithm Analysis
- Computer and Information Access
- Database Systems
- Decision Support and Intelligent Systems
- Operating Systems
- Programming Languages
- Programming with C/C++/JAVA
- Computer Organization/Architecture
- Discrete Structures
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Software Engineering
- Probability and Stochastic Processes
- Integrated Business Project
- Society and Values
- Seminar in Instructional Technology
- Kats, Y. (editor) Learning Management System Technologies and Software Solutions for Online Teaching: Tools and Applications, IGI Pub., ISBN: 978-1615208531, 2010.
- Kats, Y. "Computer Technologies in Logic Education," Encyclopedia of InformationTechnology Curriculum Integration, IGI Global Pub. 2008. ISBN: 978-1599048819
- Kats, Y. "Computer Ethics and Intelligent Technologies," Encyclopedia of Information Ethics and Security, Idea Group Pub. 2007. ISBN: 978–159140987 8
- Kats, Y. Geller, J. Huang, K. "Web Ontology as E-Business Information Exchange and Decision Support Tool." Emerging Trends and Challenges in Information Technology Management. Pub. By IGI Global, 2006, p. 968, ISBN: 978- 1599040196.
- Kats, Y. "Web Ontologies and Philosophical Aspects of Knowledge Management."Emerging Trends and Challenges in Information Technology Management. Pub. By IGI Global, 2006, p. 968, ISBN: 978- 1599040196.
- Kats, Y. "Integrating Information Technology Practice into Logic Courses." Journal of Science Education, Vol. 6, 2005. ISSN: 0124-5481.
- Kats, Y. "Enabling Intelligent Agents and the Semantic Web for e-Commerce,"Computing, (2, 3), 2003, pp. 153-159, ISSN: 1727-6209.
- Kats, Y. "Towards NLP-Based Psychological Evaluation," Proceedings ofAmerican Medical Informatics Association Symposium,Chicago, Nov. 8-10, 2007. p. 105.
- Kats, Y. "Biomedical Ontologies as Data Exchange and Decision Support Tools."Proceedings of the 2nd Annual Symposium of the Oklahoma Bioinformatics Society,Oklahoma City, OK, October 28, 2005, p.18.
- Kats, Y. "Socially Responsible Software Engineering," Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Information Communication Technologies in Education, July 3-5, 2003. National and Kapodistrian University of Athens. pp. 111-119, ISBN: 960-8313-16-3.
- Kats, Y. "Intelligent Software Design: Challenges and Solutions," Proceedings of the Second IEEE International Workshop on Intelligent Data Acquisition and Advanced Computing Systems, September 8-10, 2003, Lviv, Ukraine. pp. 468-471. ISBN: 0-7803-8138-6.