Professor of Biology
St. Joseph Hall, Morton Wing, SJ11
- Ph.D., University of Pennsylvania
- B.S., Pennsylvania State University
- Cell Biology
- General Biology
- Environmental Seminar
- Environmental Field Techniques Botany Lab
- Marine Biology
- Developmental Biology
- Biological Concepts
- Senior Seminar
- Freshwater Ecology
- Terrestrial Ecology
- Ponds and Streams (Non-Majors)
- Forests and Fields (Non-Majors) Ecology and Enviromental Issues (Non-Majors)
- Botany and Ecology Sections of the General Biology for Major Corurse
- Environmental monitoring and analysis of local waterways and wetlands, especially for curriculum development.
Selected Presentations and Workshops:
- “Weather 101.” Ann’s Choice Lifetime Learning Academy. May 2011.
- Co-Planner and panel moderator. Sacred Earth: Spirituality and Sustainability Conference, Chestnut Hill College. June 2010.
- Presentation of Wissahickon Stream Bank Restoration Project to Local Citizen's Group. Whitemarsh, PA, September 2009.
- “The National Environmental Policy Act of 1969 and Its Impact on Environmental Legislation.” The Legacy of 1968 Conference. Chestnut Hill College. April 2008.
- “Beyond Human Interest: Effects of Global Warming on Ecological Systems.” Global Warming Symposium sponsored by Mount St. Joseph Academy. January 2008.
- Member of a panel on the relationship between water and health. Citizen Science program sponsored by the Schuylkill Center for Environmental Education and the Cecilian Center. November 2007.
- “Using the Saylor Grove Stormwater Treatment Wetland in Watershed Education.” 2007 Schuylkill Watershed Congress, Montgomery County Community College West Campus, 2007.
- “Using the Morris Arboretum’s Wetland Project to Teach Ecological Principles.” 2006 Schuylkill Watershed Congress, Montgomery County Community College West Campus, 2006.