Welcome to GriffinNation!
Whether you are stepping foot onto campus as an incoming first year or are returning to finish your journey to graduation, we are excited to welcome (and welcome back) all of our Griffins this year. Below you will find important information that relates to Orientation, Move-In, and additional resources to help you suceed during your time at CHC!
New Student Guide
The New Student Guide is an important to do list for all new Griffins that includes important forms and placement tests that are requried of new students in the School of Undergraduate Studies at Chestnut Hill College. Be sure to visit the New Student Guide on the MyCHC portal so that you can complete important documents and find about great opportunities. In order to access the New Student Guide, please visit my.chc.edu and login with your credentials. Once you've logged in, click on the New Students tab. You will see the To Do List on the right side of the page and a lot of important information below. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The transition to college is fun and exciting, but can also present its own unique challenges. Preparing for college is more than just academics and testing. Being emotionally ready creates the greatest opportunity for success, which is why JED has created the SET TO GO program for new students. Visit their site today to learn more!
New Student Orientation
At CHC, we know that the transition to college is a big one, which is why we have a two part orientation experience for all new students. On December 5th, you can choose from one of two sessions, either from 12-2pm OR 6-8pm. At these sessions, admissions and student life will be live to answer any questions you have. There is no need to register in advance. Click here when you are ready to join either session.
In January, you will attend an orientation experience where you will learn about important information, meet other new students and get to know campus! In 2024, January Orientation will take place on January 10th. Residential students will move into their residence halls on January 14th. Both experiences are important to your success as a new Griffin!
New Student Orientation is an important experience for incoming first-year students and transfers. The program helps students adjust to life at CHC through fun activities, educational programs, and the introduction to helpful resources. All students are assigned to an orientation team when they check in. Each team has a dedicated group of Orientation Leaders who will help new students navigate not just the orientation program, but also are available to assist throughout the semester.
Full schedule of Orientation activities coming soon!
Move In Information for 2024
Sunday, January 14th (ALL Students)
Time Slots are based on the first letter of your last name
|9am -11am||11am - 1pm||1pm - 4pm|
The Check-In and key pick-up will be in Clement Hall (located just behind the security desk in Fournier Lobby). Formal Check-In will begin at 9:00 am and will conclude at 4:00 pm. If you are a new student, you will check in and receive a handout about general housing information. Then you will be free to move into your room! Welcome New Griffins!
Sometimes students find that they would like a room change. There will be a housing freeze for the first three weeks to accommodate late arrivals (unless it is an emergency). After those three weeks, you have the option to submit a room change request. We currently do not offer the option for a student to buy out a whole room or suite. If you are in a partially filled room or suite, please remember that there is a chance you will get a roommate during the year. So that you know, you will be notified if someone is assigned to your room or suite during the semester.
- We encourage you to wear reasonable clothing and closed-toe shoes, so you can comfortably move items in your room and check your weather apps for a chance of rain!
- When you arrive on campus for move-in, please follow the signs for check-in and unloading. There will be signs for unloading for all of the Residence halls; Fournier Hall, Fontbonne Hall, and Fitzsimmons Hall. Vehicles only may be temporarily parked in Fournier Circle, in front of the Logue Library, and on Tobacco Road if you are unloading items. To keep the traffic flow moving, please ensure a driver stays with your vehicle in case your car may need to be moved quickly.
- No vehicles may be parked in Fournier Circle during Move-In. This area will be blocked-off on Saturday, January 13th, at 11:00 pm. Vehicles that remain parked in this area will be towed. This area will be used for unloading throughout the day.
- After unloading their car, students who have applied for a parking permit should park their cars in the appropriate areas; near the soccer field, tennis courts, along Murphy Drive, or Sugarloaf. Family and supporters helping their students move in are encouraged to unload without parking on campus for an extended period to keep the traffic flow traffic moving and ensure students have parking once they arrive.
- It can get hot when moving, so please hydrate before moving in. Water stations will also be at the main entrance of all three residence halls and in front of Fournier Dining Hall.
- You are welcome to move furniture into your room, but you cannot remove campus furniture from the room. You must avoid taking campus furniture from common areas/lounges and moving it into student rooms. Students cannot move beds into common areas within residential suites (Fitzsimmons Hall). All beds must remain in their room.
- There will be many people moving items in during move-in. Please monitor your belongings and valuables, and supervise your items. Please do not block hallways and pathways, as they are tripping and fire hazards.
- Under no circumstance should personal items, athletic equipment, sports bags, or decorations be stored in the hallways and floors as it is a tripping and fire hazard. No personal items should be stored in common areas such as lounges and laundry rooms.
- Resident Assistants, security officers, volunteers, and staff members will be stationed throughout campus to manage traffic flow, answer questions and assist you during move-in! If you are unsure who to ask for help, look for someone in a Red Chestnut Hill College Polo shirt or return to the Check-In station in McCaffery Lounge, where someone will assist you! Staff Members from the following departments will be stationed in McCaffery Lounge on the move-in date to assist Students:
- Student Health Services - For students who still need to submit their health packets
- Academic Student Success - For the students who still have questions or concerns related to course management
- Student Accounts - If a student has any outstanding balances or questions about their financial arrangements
Formal check-in will conclude at 4:00 pm, but should you arrive after that time or during the late hours of the day, please visit Security headquarters to pick up your key. For immediate assistance during the evening and overnight hours, please contact campus security at (215)-242-7777 or visit the security desk in your residence hall to be connected to RA-On call.