Howard University - Clinical Psychology - Culture and Mental Health, Psychopathology, 2003
- The Role of Culture and Gender in Counseling and Psychotherapy
- Intro to the Assessment & Treatment of Psychological Trauma
- Advanced Techniques in Trauma Intervention
Pheko, M., Monteiro, N., & Segopolo, M. (2017). When work hurts: A conceptual framework explaining how organizational culture may perpetuate workplace bullying, Journal of Human Behavior in the Social Environment, 27(6).
Monteiro, N. (2016). Addressing mental illness in Africa: Global health challenges and local opportunities, Community Psychology in Global Perspective 1 (2).
Monteiro, N.M., & Balogun, S.K. (2015). Psychosocial Predictors of Relationship Conflict Styles as Mediated by Emotional Intelligence: A Study of Botswana Adults. SAGE Open, 5(2).
Fox, R.F., & Monteiro, N.M. (eds.) (2015). Pain without Boundaries: Inquiries across Cultures. Interdisciplinary Press
Monteiro, N.M., Ndiaye, Y., Blanas, D., & Ba, I. (2014). Policy perspectives and attitudes towards mental health treatment in rural Senegal. International Journal of Mental Health Systems 8 (1).
Monteiro, N.M., Balogun, S.K., & Oratile, K. (2014). Managing stress: The influence of gender, age, and emotion regulation on coping among university students in Botswana. International Journal of Adolescence and Youth, 19(2).
Monteiro, N.M., & Balogun, S.K. (2014). Culturally congruent mental health research in Africa: Field notes from Ethiopia and Senegal. African Journal of Psychiatry, 17.
Monteiro, N.M. (2014). Teaching Psychopathology to reduce mental illness stigma: Student perceptions from the University of Botswana. International Psychology Bulletin, 18(1).
Pheko, M.M., Monteiro, N.M., Tlhabano, K.N., & Mphele, S. (2014). Rural-to-urban migrations: Acculturation experiences amongst university students in Botswana. International Journal of Adolescence and Youth, 19 (3).
Monteiro, N.M., Balogun, S.K., Kote, M., & Tlhabano, K. (2014). Stationary tailgating in Gaborone, Botswana: The Influence of gender, time of day, type of vehicle and presence of traffic officer. IATSS Research
Monteiro, N.M., & Balogun, S.K. (2013). Perceptions of mental illness in Ethiopia: A profile of attitudes, beliefs and practices among community members, healthcare workers and traditional healers. International Journal of Culture and Mental Health
Monteiro, N.M., & Wall, D. (2011). African dance as healing modality throughout the Diaspora: The use of ritual and movement to work through trauma. Journal of Pan African Studies
- “Ouch It Hurts: A Psycho-Social-Cultural Examination of Pain and Coping in Botswana – Understanding How it Hurts and How to Heal” - Colloquium presented at Chestnut Hill College (2017)
- “Understanding Islam and Muslims: Multicultural, Global and Local” – Keynote presentation for Chestnut Hill College PsyD Program Development Day (2016)
- Psychologists’ Role in International Disaster Relief. University of Botswana. (2014)
- The Psychology of Mass Violence. Annual Convention American Psychological Association. Washington, D.C. (2014)
- Psychological Aspects of Road Traffic Accidents. District Road Safety Committee Conference, Ministry of Transport and Communications. Gaborone, Botswana. (2013).
- Perspective on Coping with Acute and Chronic Pain in Botswana: Patient Voices. 4th Global Conference Pain: A Making Sense of Project. Prague, Czech Republic. (2013)
- Mental Health, Media Etiquette and Lifestyle Change. Botswana National Olympic Committee Workshop for Elite Athletes. Gaborone, Botswana. (2012)
- Adolescent Self-Esteem and Sex. Phenomenally U: Three Candid Conversations about Sex, Self-respect and Success in the Reality TV Era. Philadelphia, PA. (2012)
- African American Muslim Women’s Life Experiences: Religion, Stress and Coping. 4th World Congress on Women’s Mental Health. Madrid, Spain. (2011)
- Helping Teachers in Puerto Rico to Manage Behavioral and Emotional Disorders in the Classroom. Innovative Youth Solutions. San Juan, Puerto Rico. (2010-2011)
- Trauma and Psychopathology: Background, Theory and Treatment Approaches. L’Hopital Principal. Dakar, Senegal. (2010)
- Global Training for Ethnic Minority Students: Exploring the Impact of International Experiences throughout the Educational Pipeline, Symposium. 6th Society for the Psychological Study of Ethnic Minority Issues Conference (APA, Div 45). Ann Arbor, Michigan. (2010)
- Trauma-Informed Care: Improving How We Care for Our Patients and Ourselves. Children’s National Medical Center. Washington, DC. (2009)