Ph.D. (Clinical Social Work) New Your University, Silver School of Social Work, New Your City, New York
Masters of Science, New York University, Robert F. Wagner School of Public Service, New York City, New York
Masters of Social Work, Marywood University, Scranton, Pennsylvania
Bachelor of Social Work, Marywood University, Scranton, Pennsylvania
- Social Inequality (Hybrid)
- Gender and Society
- Introduction to Sociology
- Heart of the City
- Social Welfare Policy
- Introduction to Human Services
- Social Problems
- Human Development
- Theories and Practice of Counseling and Psychotherapy
- Research for the Social Sciences
- Child Welfare (Online)
- Public Welfare Policy (Hybrid)
- Disabiliteis and Scoiety
- Human Behavior in the Social Enviroment
- Organizational Management (Hybrid & Online)
- Life after War the New Mission-Helping Professionals Address the Post Deployment Needs of Veterans of OIF and OEF
- Administration in Human Services and Social Work
- Clinical Work with Children and Adolescents
- Foster Care and Adoption
- Public Policy
- Attachment Theory
- Fundraising in the Public and Private Sectors
- Runaway and Homeless Youth
- Veterans Behavioral Health
Pennsylvania Military Spiritual Wellness Alliance-November 2015-Present
Military Behavioral Health Coalition, Commonwealth of PA. September 2012-Present
The Soldiers Initiatives-June 2014-Present
Veterans Advisory Board, West Chester University, August 2010-June 2015
.The Soldiers Project PA. Founder and Director of "The Soldiers Project" for the state of PA September 2010 to June 2014.
Governor’s Advisory Committee for People with Disabilities, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. Appointed by Edward G. Rendell, Governor and reappointed by Governor Corbett, October 2007 Commissioned December 19th, 2007 to June 2010
Advisory Board, Sage Publications/Pine Forge Press, December 2007 to Present.
Consulting Editor for “Families in Society," The Journal of Contemporary Social Services, December 2006 to Present.
DeCesare, N. (Spring, 2015) “A True Friend of the Poor Sister Adrian Barrett, IHM”, Editors Conn M. & McGuire T. Editors, In Sisterly Love: Women of Note in Pennsylvania History, University Press of America/Hamilton Books.
DeCesare, N. (Fall 2014) Preserving Our Family’s Stories: A Military Family’s Legacy, The Journal of Military Experience and the Arts.
DeCesare, N. (Fall 2014) Preserving Our Family’s Stories, As You Were: The Military Review Vol.1 ISSN 2374-3816. Chosen as one of four non-fiction articles for first addition of new journal.
DeCesare, N. (September, 2011). "Reaching Out: Ground Zero to The Soldiers Project Pennsylvania," Journey Magazine Published by Sister Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, Scranton, PA.
DeCesare, N. (2010). Jonathan a Case Study of a Child in Foster Care. Boston: Pearson Publication Inc.
DeCesare, N. M. (May 2007). “Warming the Stone Heart of a Child in Foster Care.” M. Conn & T. McGuire (Eds.). In Not Etched in Stone, Chapter Five. Maryland: University Press of America.
DeCesare, N. M. (Winter 2004). “Meeting the Academic Potential of Youth in Foster Care.” The Journal of Reclaiming Children and Youth, Cultivating Resilience, 12(4).
- Academy of Certified Social Workers
- Board Certified Diplomat in Clinical Social Work, American Board of Examiners in Clinical Social Work
- Certified Field Instructor
- Child Abuse and Neglect Trainer
- Certified in the Management of Nonprofit Organizations-New York University
- First Responder: American Red Cross Disaster Mental Health Relief Services
- Staff Retention in Child Care Institutions
- Children’s Rights in Foster Care
- Program Evaluation in Social Work
- Presentations and Workshops provided on various topics including: The Contribution of Attachment Theory in the Diagnosis and Treatment of Children in Foster Care, The Effects of Child Abuse and Neglect, Domestic Violence, The Impact of Poverty on the Children We Love, Supervision in Social Work, Group Work and Veterans Mental Health