Required Disclosures and Consumer Information Disclosures
This webpage provides a comprehensive location for links to information about Chestnut Hill College on a variety of subjects which may be helpful to prospective students, their families, high school counselors, as well as prospective employees, current students, and current employees. This information is presented to comply with the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008, which requires institutions of higher education to disclose information and reports on various aspects of the institution's policies, procedures, operations, and costs.
Non-Loan Related Disclosure Requirements
- Notice of Availability of Institutional and Financial Aid Information – A notification is emailed to each enrolled student annually during the Fall semester. General information about the institution may be found online and in the college catalog. Financial aid information may also be found online or in the academic catalogs. Paper copies available upon request.
- Contact information for assistance in obtaining institutional or financial aid information – Contact information for obtaining assistance in obtaining institutional or financial aid information can be found online as well in various institutional publications.
Student Financial Assistance
- Student Financial Assistance Information: Students can find information about student financial assistance on the financial services website or in the academic catalogs.
- Notice of Federal Student Financial Aid Penalties for Drug Law Violations:
Alcohol and Drug Education Programs are managed by the Office of Student Life.
- Study Abroad Programs– There are many opportunities for study abroad and each may affect a student's financial aid package differently. It is best to speak with a Financial Aid Advisor for more information when a student is exploring the possibilities of studying abroad.
General Institutional Information
- Accreditation Information
- Privacy of Student Records – Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) – For more information on FERPA, visit the U.S. Department of Education website.
- Consumer Information on College Navigator Website
- Facilities and Services Available to Students with Disabilities
- Cost of Attendance
- Net Price Calculator
- Tuition Refund Policy, Requirements for Withdrawal, and Return of Title IV, HEA Financial Aid
- Textbook Information
- Academic Programs – Information related to undergraduate and graduate academic programs is published online and in the university catalog.
- Transfer of Credit Policies – Transfer articulation policies are outlined in the college catalog.
- Credit Hour Procedures and Methodology
Professional Licensure Requirements
Health and Safety
- Alcohol and Drug Education and Policy
- Vaccination Policies - See Part 3 of healthcare form
- Security Report, Timely Warnings, Unilert: Emergency Notification System, and Crime Log
- Security Report – Missing Person Notification Policy
- Fire Safety Report & Fire Log
- Information for Crime Victims about Disciplinary Hearings
- Voter Registration Forms – Student organizations conduct voter registration events in the weeks leading up to registration deadlines. Students may also access information about registering to vote in Pennsylvania online at http://www.votespas.com
Disclosure Requirements Relating to Education Loans
- State & Federal Grant Assistance
- Federal Student Loan Information
- National Student Loan Data System
- Entrance Counseling for Student Borrowers – Information about entrance counseling can be found online at https://studentaid.ed.gov/fafsa/next-steps/entrance-counseling.
- Exit Counseling for Student Borrowers – Students graduating or ceasing to enroll a least part-time are required to complete exit counseling. Notifications are sent to students as applicable.
- Code of Conduct for Education Loans – Chestnut Hill College and the Office of Student Financial Services are committed to conducting business in an ethical manner and with the highest level of integrity. We comply with the NASFAA Statement of Ethical Principles and Code of Conduct for Institutional Financial Aid Professionals. As part of our commitment, all employees receive training on an annual basis with regards to the code of conduct.
- Preferred Lender Lists – CHC does not prepare or participate in preferred lender arrangements. Students are encouraged to research and identify an alternative lender that provides a loan option most suited to their needs.
- Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy - This information is available in our academic catalogs
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- Consolidation Information
- Repayment Options for Loans
- Deferment & Forbearance
Chestnut Hill College is fully committed to compliance with the applicable regulations and to providing candid, honest, and reliable disclosure and student consumer information. Students or other persons with Questions about the disclosures or consumer information posted on this page may contact the Office of Student Financial Assistance at 215-248-7182 or firstname.lastname@example.org