Chestnut Hill College is an NCAA Division II institution and a member of the Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC). The Head Coach position is responsible for coordinating all aspects of the intercollegiate program including planning, programming, directing, and supervising. Under the direction of the Director of Athletics, additional duties will be assigned based on the priorities and needs of the Athletics Department.
- Bachelor’s Degree; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Prior head coaching experience at the collegiate level is preferred. Previous coaching experience at the high school level will be considered.
- Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Commitment to the mission, policies and procedures of Chestnut Hill College.
- Proven knowledge of training and conditioning techniques, ability to diagnose player deficiencies and prescribe corrective activities.
- Complete annual NCAA coaching certification test.
- Maintain current CPR, AED, and First Aid Certifications
- Position requires evening and weekend hours.
- Manage all aspects of the program in compliance with college, department, conference and NCAA policies.
- Hire, manage, and develop assistant coaching staff capable of meeting expectations of the NCAA and the College mission.
- Recruit prospective student-athletes working closely with the Admissions and Athletics Departments.
- Accountable for the behavior of student-athletes to exhibit superior sportsmanship and setting a positive example.
- Perform event management responsibilities including but not limited to scheduling independent contests and serving as game administrator for assigned home events.
- Attend the annual athletic awards banquet and all Athletic department meetings.
- Assist the athletic director in developing the annual budget.
- Purchase equipment, uniforms, and supplies.
- Attend institutional sponsored drug and alcohol awareness programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to Jobs@chc.edu. No phone calls please
Chestnut Hill College is an employer committed to a culture of diversity and inclusion as a core value. In an effort to support our diverse student community, we embrace equal access and welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, and encourage applications from groups underrepresented in higher education. We are committee to increase the diversity of the college community and the curriculum.