Students in the Accelerated Adult Degree Program (who meet the following criteria) are invited to apply for the PHMC Grant
Public Health Management Corporation (PHMC) is a nonprofit public health institute, serving the Greater Philadelphia region since 1972, that builds healthier communities through partnerships with government, foundations, businesses, and community-based organizations. The Accelerated Adult Degree Program at CHC offers grant funding to qualifying students in certain degree programs.
To be eligible for the grant, students must meet the following criteria:
- A Pennslyvania resident
- Currently employed at an OCDEL licensed early childcare center located in Philadelphia or Delaware County
- Currently enrolled (or planning to enroll) in CHC's Accelerated Adult Degree Program with a major in any of the following:
- Early Childhood Studies
- Early Childhood Studies with Montessori Credential
- Childcare Management
How to apply (Complete ALL steps)
- Complete the 2021-2022 FAFSA application online.
- CHC's Federal Code is 0003245. By filing the FAFSA, you will be applying for any federal or state aid, including PHEAA, SEOG, and federal loans. If you require additional assistance, contact customer service at 1-800-4FED-AID (1-800-433-3243).
- Apply for the T.E.A.C.H. Scholarship or provide evidence that your application was denied or that you are ineligible. To be eligible for T.E.A.C.H. you need to demonstrate that you:
- Are interested in pursuing coursework at a participating college (at least 9 credits/year) toward a degree in ECE
- Are registered in a program for the current session
- Work a minimum of 25-30 hours/week directly with children in a DHS-certified childcare program
- Earn $19.00 or less per hour ($25.00 or less per hour for directors)
- Have at least 55 transferrable credits toward a degree in ECE or equivalent
- Submit PHMC Grant Registration Form
Once all non-loan aid scholarship opportunities have been exhausted, PHMC student support funds may be awarded by Chestnut Hill College. It is PHMC's intent that students be required to pay as little out-of-pocket as possible to pursue their bachelor's degrees.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions and to learn more about the grant.