The Business Administration and Management curriculum provides students with knowledge in the basic areas of accounting, economics, finance, marketing, and management. These areas are supported by computer applications and mathematics.
Why study Business Administration and Management at CHC?
At Chestnut Hill College, business majors get more than just practical application of theory, our program prepares graduates for careers in the business world. Along with classroom instruction by highly qualified and experienced professors, students gain a first-class liberal arts education that will develop critical analytical problem-solving skills and provide an ethical framework for decision making and communication skills.
Additionally, being in Philadelphia opens possibilities to students for coveted internships and real-world experiences.
Interested majors can join the Business Club, which is open to all students to learn from experienced business guest speakers on varies topics. In addition, our Business Club offers a program called Business Woman’s Leadership Initiative (BWLI) which offers female students opportunities to learn from others through knowledge sessions and mentoring with meaning.
Students who qualify with a 3.5 GPA, who rank in the top 20% of their graduating class, and who have completed at least one half of their major degree program, may also be asked to join Sigma Beta Delta (SBD), the International Honor Society of Business. Additionally, students are encouraged to attend the Business Lecture Series on campus every fall.
Chestnut Hill College's Center for Business programs are in candidacy for accreditation by the ACCREDITATION COUNCIL FOR BUSINESS SCHOOLS AND PROGRAMS (ACBSP).
This program offers:
- Major: Business Administration and Management
- Concentration: Finance
- Minor: Business Administration and Management
- Minor: Sports Management
The Business Administration and Management major is a practical academic discipline which, when incorporated with a well-rounded liberal arts experience, offers a potent combination for career options. Business administration and management majors have varied career paths that range from public relations and human resources to finances and investments, as well as project management.
Some of our students have gone on to work at top firms in the Philadelphia area including:
- Lubert/Adler (real estate investment company)
- Quick Tax and Accounting Services
- Phoenix Data Systems
- The Bank of New York Mellon, Mutual Fund Accountant
- Premier Financial Group, Client Advisor
- Booz Allen Hamilton, Consultant
- Ceridian Corporation, Education Consultant
- Defense Logistics Agency, Contract Specialist
- Kreischer Miller Atlanta Corporation
- GSF Mortgage Corporation
- TD Bank
- The Hartford
- U.S. Office of Personnel Management
- Office Team/Robert Half
- McNeil Consumer Healthcare
Centrally located near hundreds of businesses in the Philadelphia area, Chestnut Hill College students have gone on to intern at some of the most well-known and recognizable names in the industry, including:
- General Motors
- Bank of New York
- Arco Chemical Corporation
- Crown Cork & Seal Corporation
- Brennan Associates
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Morgan Stanley
- United States Dept. of Treasury
- United States Defense Supply Center
- Plymouth Meeting Mall Management Corporation
- PricewaterhouseCoopers Certified Public Accountants
If you are interested in becoming a Business Administration and Management major at Chestnut Hill College, please email the Business Center at firstname.lastname@example.org