Reunion Weekend 2017 Welcomes Record Numbers
Chestnut Hill College’s annual Reunion Weekend is always a much-anticipated event. This year’s was so highly anticipated that attendance was up by 15 percent over last year. Members of classes ending in "2" and "7" joined to reminisce and make new memories with friends both old and new.
Most Reunion Weekend activities are a given:
- Saturday’s Alumni Memorial Mass to honor all deceased alumni, especially those who have passed away since the last reunion.
- Saturday’s Luncheon during which the Roll Call of Classes is called. Tradition held, as each year recognized their class in special ways, by clapping, calling out, twirling their napkins, or, in the case of the Class of 1967, holding up tea lights. Appropriate, since the class’s motto is “Courage to light the world.”
- Alumni Awards are given. This year, two of three awards were handed out, with the third, the Distinguished Achievement Award going to Anne Daly Holland ’56, to be made at a later date because she could not attend.
- Margaret Moran ’67 received the Eleanore Dolan Egan ’28 Award for Outstanding Service to Chestnut Hill College for her volunteer service to CHC through the Alumni Association.
- And Mark Hammons ’08 was given the Young Alumni Impact Award, a new presentation given to an individual who graduated within the last 10 years of the award year who has provided outstanding service, advocacy and contribution to the Alumni Association and/or the College.
- The newest Golden Griffins are inducted. This year, all members of the Class of 1967 joined the ranks of those who celebrate 50 years (or more) since their graduation, and were represented by the 72 alumnae from that year in attendance. The newest Silver Griffins—25 years, Class of ’92—also were recognized.
A new event this year was a rousing success. Painting With A Twist came to campus and 75 participated in painting their unique vision of Saint Joseph Hall.
The most senior alumna in attendance, Madeleine Bennis Degnan, Class of 1942, celebrated her 75th class reunion. Mrs. Degnan received a corsage and a standing ovation as she was recognized.
The Alumni Relations Office will be sending an email within a few days with evaluations and a link to the full Reunion photo album.
Reunion 2018. It’s not too early to SAVE THE DATE! June 1-3 2018 for SUS classes ending in “3” and “8.”
Noel Hightower ’16 was recently promoted to assistant coach for the men’s basketball team at Lehigh University. He spent last season as the Mountain Hawks’ director of basketball operations, where he managed the day-to-day operations of the program as Lehigh advanced to its second straight Patriot League Championship Game.
SAVE THE DATES!
July 15 — CHC Day at Hershey Park
Fun for kids of all ages! For one low price, play in the waterpark, the zoo and on the rides. Be sure to wear your CHC gear (and send us photos later to www.chc.edu/alumni). Tickets are on sale now at http://tinyurl.com/CHILLHPTKTS. Use code 48965.
August 26 – 4th Annual CHC Night at the Phillies and Pregame Tailgate
You won’t want to miss this event. The tailgate event begins at 3 p.m. (location to be announced soon). We’ll have snacks, water and giveaways galore! All tickets include a special edition T-shirt (including kid’s sizes). Shirts can be picked up at the tailgate OR on campus on August 22.
Then the Phillies host the Chicago Cubs at 7:05 p.m. Discounted tickets are on sale now at www.phillies.com/chestnuthillcollege. Use the code CHESTNUTHILL.
September 23 — Alumni Fall Leadership Conference
A full day of making enriching CHC connections can be yours. Visit www.chc.edu/alumniconference for information.