The Joan L. and Senator Arlen Specter Endowed Scholarship was established in 2015 to honor the lives of Joan L. and Senator Arlen Spector and provide partial tuition to a student at Chestnut Hill College in:
- The School of Undergraduate Studies
- The School of Continuing and Professional Studies
- The School of Graduate Studies
The scholarship is for one year and up to four years providing the beneficiary continues to meet the eligibility criteria listed below:
- Has a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Qualifies for financial aid
- Is employed while attending college
Preference will be given for renewing the scholarship to the same recipient.
If no candidate meets the eligibility criteria, Chestnut Hill College will select a full-time undergraduate, student with the greatest financial need.