International affairs study involves learning how the world works and the way politics, culture and economics impact the global system. Training in international affairs prepares students to solve problems through diplomacy, defense, and development work.
Why Study International Affairs at CHC?
The International Affairs major at CHC is an interdisciplinary major that takes a deep dive into our ever-increasing interconnected world and prepares students for careers in the globalized world of the 21st century. The major is designed to be customizable to a student’s particular interests with the aim of acquiring the tools necessary for tackling current and emerging international issues.
Some specific areas that our most recent graduates have pursued are:
- Social Justice and Human Rights
- Global Environmental Issues
- International conflict and cooperation
- Global Economics
- Global Arts
This program offers:
- Major: International Affairs
- Minor: International Affairs
All international Affairs graduates will be well positioned to pursue a career or graduate study that requires a sophisticated international and intercultural understanding of our world today. Potential career paths include:
- International Law
- Environmental (and other public policy) Advocacy
- International Development, Finance and Economics
- International Security
- Human Rights Specialist
- Education (at all levels)
All International Affairs majors at CHC gain experiential learning through internationally oriented internships, a requirement for the major. Our most recent graduates have interned in nongovernmental organizations as youth representatives to large international institutions such as the United Nations, in state and local governmental organizations as legislative researchers, in public policy think-tanks as analysts and in private practice law firms.
Our recent CHC international affairs alums have gone on to obtain exciting careers and have been accepted to graduate programs:
- London School of Economics, Masters in Gender, Development and Globalization
- World Affairs Council of Philadelphia, Education Coordinator
- University of New England, Master of Social Work
If you are interested in becoming an International Affairs major at Chestnut Hill College, please email the Data and Society Center at DataandSociety@chc.edu