Please join Chestnut Hill College in our Prayer for the Presidential Search. Click here to view the prayer (PDF).
In this year of transition, we also welcome your prayers as a community in support of President Carol Jean Vale, SSJ, Ph.D. Click here to view the prayer for Sister Carol (PDF).
Carol Jean Vale, SSJ, Ph.D., one of the nation’s longest-serving and most accomplished college presidents, will retire after 30 years at the completion of her current five-year term, concluding in June 2022. The Chestnut Hill College Board of Directors, with the full support of the Sisters of Saint Joseph, have engaged Hyatt-Fennell Executive Search to lead the search for CHC’s next president. A key consideration in selecting Hyatt-Fennel was their commitment to inclusivity in engaging the entire Chestnut Hill community in this critical search.
Details of the search and opportunities for community input and engagement will be shared as the process moves forward.
- January 2021
- Carol Jean Vale, SSJ, Ph.D., announces retirement
- April 2021
- Hyatt-Fennell Executive Search secured to lead presidential search
- May 2021
- Internal assessment and designation of Search Committee
- June 2021
- Hyatt-Fennell conducting initial hybrid (on campus and virtual) Listening Sessions with various College constituent groups; additional sessions will be scheduled and shared with the full CHC community to ensure every individual who so chooses will be able to share their thoughts on the College and the role of the next CHC president
- August & September 2021
- Nominations and applications accepted for the position
- October 4th, 2021
- Deadline for applications
- October 22nd, 2021
- Search Committee will meet to discuss candidates and determine semi-finalists
- December 3rd and 4th, 2021
- Search Committee will interview semi-finalists
- January & February 2022
- Finalist(s) interviews on campus. Schedule to be determined
- Search Committee recommends finalist(s) for President to the Members of the Chestnut Hill College Corporation
- Vice Chair of the Board will present the nominee to the Board of Directors
- Tentative March 2022
- Announcement from the Board of Directors of the next president of Chestnut Hill College