Congratulations on your acceptance to Chestnut Hill College! Please follow the steps below to complete your enrollment process.
Step 1: Pay Your Deposit
After you are accepted, you have to pay your $500 deposit. To do this online, please follow the directions below:
- Please click here to pay your deposit online through a credit card.
- Follow the instructions on the page. You can also wire transfer the deposit to Chestnut Hill College.
Step 2: Pay Your SEVIS fee & Apply for a Visa (does not apply to Canadians)
To apply for a U.S. visa, you would need the following documents:
- Valid passport (for at least six months)
- Original letter of acceptance/admission issued by Chestnut Hill College
- Original SEVIS I-20 form issued by Chestnut Hill College
- SEVIS fee receipt (form I-797)
- Copies of all of your high/secondary school or college transcripts
- Copies of the TOEFL or IELTS score
- Proof of ties to your home country
Step 3: Housing
Students living on-campus reside in residence halls (also referred to as "dormitories"). Please check your letter from the Global Education Office for information about when your room will be ready for your arrival. For inquiries contact us at 215-242-7989. Housing is offered on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Step 4: Make Travel Arrangements
Read the information on travel to Chestnut Hill College. You should arrive on campus no later than the Friday before classes begin for your first semester of enrollment. Please refer to the Global Education Office to determine the correct date. If you have to arrive more than one day before international student orientation begins, you must stay at your own expense at one of the local hotels.
Step 5: Complete and Submit Health Form and Immunization Records
Download the International Health Form and fill it out with the help of your physician. Send the completed form and the immunization records to the Health Services address at the bottom of the form.
Follow the link below to purchase comprehensive health insurance while you are in the United States. http://www.pghstudent.com/chestnuthillcollege
Step 6: Alert us of your Arrival
As soon as your travel plans are confirmed contact the Global Education Office.
Step 7: Attend International Orientation (mandatory)
During orientation you will learn about academic and immigration requirements, pay your bill, open a bank account, adjust your schedule, and much more.
Services provided by the Global Education Office
The Global Education Office provides the following initial and ongoing services for students in the School of Undergraduate Studies, the School of Continuing and Professional Studies and the School of Graduate Studies:
Information for obtaining I-20 and student visas
Pre-orientation workshops in August and January
English language support for enrolled students; intensive English programs are offered by CHC's English Language Partners
Health Care information
A resource center for information regarding Department of Homeland Security (DHS) regulations
Information regarding the Chestnut Hill College International Society
The Global Student Association
The Global Student Association at Chestnut Hill College is a student-organized group whose main goals are to:
- Broaden and strengthen the international community at Chestnut Hill College
- Infuse our native and traditional languages and cultures with those of Chestnut Hill College, Philadelphia, and the United States
- Welcome and provide support for international students and visitors during their transitions to Chestnut Hill College, Philadelphia, and the United States
- Promote ideals of campus globalization and cross-cultural understanding