fbpx FAQs for Transfer Students | Chestnut Hill College Skip to content Skip to navigation

FAQs for Transfer Students

FAQs for Transfer Students

How many transfer students attend Chestnut Hill College?

Roughly 33% of the student body is comprised of transfer students from other two and four year colleges.

How many credits do I need to apply as a transfer student?

Transfer applicants may apply with any number of pre-existing credits. However if you transfer before earning your Associates Degree, you are required to submit your high school transcript or diploma.

When will I find out if I am accepted?

CHC is rolling admissions, which means once you have submitted all of your official application materials it should not take more than a week or two for you to receive your admissions decision.

What GPA is required to transfer to Chestnut Hill College?

We prefer transfer students to have a minimum 2.5 cumulative grade point average, however we will give consideration to any applicants over a 2.0.

Are scholarships available for transfer students?

Yes transfer students are automatically considered for scholarship awards based on their cumulative college GPA. Scholarships can range from $17,000/year to $23,000/year. Phi Theta Kappa students automatically receive the maximum scholarship! 

Which of my courses will transfer?

Any college level course with a grade of “C” or higher from a regionally accredited college or university is eligible for credit transfer. Pass/Fail coursework is not transferable. Chestnut Hill College accepts a maximum of 75 transferable credits towards a degree.

Do you accept credits from my previous college or university?

We accept credits from the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools and other regionally accredited institutions. These include:

  • NWCCU (Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities) 
  • NCA (North Central Association of Colleges and Schools) 
  • NEASC (New England Association of Schools and Colleges) 
  • SACS (Southern Association of Colleges and Schools) 
  • WASC (Western Association of Schools and Colleges)
Can transfer students live on campus?

Yes transfer students can live on campus and will complete a housing questionnaire during the enrollment process. This questionnaire will be used to best place transfer students either in a single, an apartment, or with other transfer or upperclassman students.

Read More