This master’s program in Educational Studies is designed for individuals who desire to complete a master’s degree but are not seeking teacher certification. This 36-credit course of study is relevant for international students who wish to teach outside the United States, private sector teachers, and working professionals who are seeking a master’s degree but not teacher certification in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Credits for Core Courses: 15
- EDUC 520 Educational Research and Evaluation
- EDSP 522 Balanced Literacy Across the PK-12 Continuum
- EDSP 530 Theory and Pedagogy in Special Education
- EDSP 532 The English Language Learner
- EDSP 535 Evaluation/Assessment and the Law in Special Education
Credits for Electives: 21
- Electives: Select any seven graduate education courses as electives. Student teaching and student teaching seminar may not count as electives.
The electives are selected by the student with approval by the faculty advisor to meet individual professional goals.
Total Credits: 36