The Writing Center offers individual tutoring, group workshops, and a resource library. Students may schedule an appointment (either 30 or 60-minute sessions) by calling 215-248-7114 or emailing email@example.com. The writing center is also excited to announce its email tutoring service. Please send your writing assignment, name of class, professor's name, and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Tutors typically respond within 48 hours.
WRITING CENTER SUMMER 2020 HOURS
All tutoring occurs through email. Please email your work to email@example.com for feedback, which we usually provide within 24 hours. You can also email us any writing-related questions or to request a tutoring session on Zoom, Skype, or the telephone.
MONDAY – FRIDAY
8:00am – 430pm
Saturday & Sunday : CLOSED (All emails received over the weekend will be viewed and replied to on Monday).
Writing Center tutors assist students in various stages of the writing process. More specifically, tutors can help students with the following:
- Understanding an assignment
- Generating their own ideas to get started on a paragraph or essay
- Focusing or organizing a paragraph or essay
- Providing feedback on a rough draft
- Generating their own topic sentences for paragraphs and thesis statements for essays
- Learning how to proofread and edit their own papers
- Understanding how to revise a paragraph or essay according to an instructor's suggestions
- Reviewing rules for grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure (avoiding fragments, run-on sentences)
- Reviewing guidelines for how to document research (APA, MLA, Chicago)
Please bring the following items to your visit:
- Assignment guide and course syllabus
- Printed copy of your paper
- Questions on the assignment or on grammar/writing in general