The Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Chestnut Hill College supports various programs and activities on campus in an effort to encourage students, faculty, staff, and the entire college community to come together and reflect on being a diverse and inclusive campus. To that end, DEI operates under these organizing principles:
- Equity, diversity, inclusion, and racial justice are values central to the Mission of Chestnut Hill College and, as such, are institutional priorities in planning, decision making, and allocation of resources at all levels.
- Providing opportunities for education, exploration, and dialogue among all members of the College Community will support continued efforts toward promoting and practicing these values.
DEI offers the following services in support of this mission:
- Policy review and updates to comply with federal state laws impacting equal opportunity and protected groups
- Curriculum development and review to infuse diversity and inclusion tenets into academic courses
- Education and training of diversity and inclusion principles
- Consultation and investigation of discrimination complaints