For Chestnut Hill College Alumni Association
Purpose of Position
To keep the class informed about ongoing College and alumni programs both on and off campus. To serve as Class Reunion Chair or to appoint a classmate to fill this position. To serve as a liaison between the class and the College. To identify and help recruit prospective volunteers for alumni outreach that advances the College’s public visibility, recruitment of quality students, and promotion of the College and its programs and events. Maintain the class treasury, if there is one, with the Alumni Relations Office.
- Strong interest in on-going, five-year active engagement with the College
- Willing to encourage others to become more involved
- Good organizational and communications skills
- Support and/or cooperation of the class
- Available time
- Ability to delegate responsibility
- Enthusiasm for the College and its enrollment, public visibility, and financial growth
- E-mail access
- Serve as primary contact person for classmates with the College, Alumni Relations Office, Alumni Association, and one another.
- Organize, with the Class Correspondent, phone chains, e-mail distribution, Facebook or other social media communication as requested by the Alumni Relations Office to promote alumni activities, events, other gatherings
- Organize a class gathering annually, as appropriate.
- Write at least one non-fundraising letter about the College to the class each year or delegate task to the Class Correspondent. This traditionally takes place in the fall.
- Collaborate with Alumni Relations Office on identifying and recruiting reunion chair, as needed. Assist chair with reunion planning.
- Conduct class meeting during Reunion Weekend.
- Assist Alumni Relations Office with special initiatives and projects, as needed.
- Authorize use of class treasury, as needed; request contributions to class treasury; coordinate with Alumni Relations Office
Time & Financial Commitment (5-year term)
- Annual Leadership Conference -- app. 4-5 hours
- One reunion preparation meeting -- app. 2 hours
- Miscellaneous phone calls, letters, e-mails -- varies
- An annual gift to the College at any level for any purpose
The Alumni Relations Office photocopies and mails all class correspondence (one-week turnaround) and can distribute material electronically as well. The Alumni Relations Office is available to help with scheduling meetings and reserving on-campus facilities for class programs.
For more information, please contact the Office of Alumni Relations at 215-248-7016 or firstname.lastname@example.org.