For Chestnut Hill College Alumni Association
Purpose of Position
To assist the Class President with class correspondence. To collaborate with the Alumni Relations Office on effective electronic communications to and within the class, using Griffins Online services, Facebook, and other social media. To serve as Class President if, for any reason, the President is unable to complete the term of office.
The duties of the position are in transition, as the College moves forward with its alumni online community (www.CHCgriffinsonline.com), with enhancing the “AlumNotes” section of the new Chestnut Hill print magazine, and with Facebook and other social media. Internet access and facility is essential to the effective performance of this position.
- Registered e-mail address with the Alumni Relations Office
- Registration on CHC Griffins Online (www.CHCgriffinsonline.com)
- Good organizational and writing skills; interest in and facility with electronic communications
- Strong interest in on-going, five-year active engagement with the College
- Willing to encourage others to become more involved
- Support and/or cooperation of the class
- Available time
- Ability to identify, recruit, and delegate communications tasks to key “contact points” in the class
- Energy and enthusiasm for communicating all things College and class to classmates
- Satisfaction in keeping classmates and the College “in the loop” electronically and otherwise
- Assist the Class President as communication link for classmates with the College, Alumni Relations Office, the Alumni Association, and one another.
- Encourage classmates to register on the free alumni online community, CHC Griffins Online (www.CHCgriffinsonline.com), to visit the site often, and to communicate with classmates through this medium and through Facebook and other social media
- Encourage classmates to visit the College website (www.CHC.edu) at least bi-weekly
- Urge classmates to update the Alumni Relations Office with personal and business contact information
- Encourage classmates to inform the Alumni Relations Office of achievements, honors, awards, advanced degrees, etc. that increase the public visibility of the College’s graduates
- Help the President organize an annual class gathering, as appropriate.
- Assist the President or designee in reunion planning, as appropriate.
- Assist Alumni Office with special projects and events, as needed.
Time & Financial Commitment (5-year term)
- Annual Leadership Conference -- app. 4-5 hours
- One reunion preparation meeting -- app. 2 hours
- Phone calls, letters, e-mails, e-communications, newsletters -- varies
- An annual gift to the College at any level and for any purpose
The Alumni Relations Office copies and mails all class correspondence and can distribute material (one-week turnaround) and, preferably, electronically. The Alumni Relations Office is available to schedule meetings and reserving on-campus facilities for class programs.
E-mail us or call 215-248-7016 for more information about volunteering for this position.