Many students who attend Chestnut Hill College come from the Delaware Valley region — eastern Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York and Delaware — and live less than three hours away. However, some students travel hundreds of miles to attend CHC and I’m one of them! My home is just over the 300-mile mark, in Massachusetts, so I know the challenge of trying to find my way to CHC.
If you are traveling a distance, here are some quick tips I’ve picked up to make the trip easier.
- Bring a reusable water bottle. If you are flying, make sure it’s empty and fill it after you go through security. Also, bring some simple, non-smelly snacks. Don’t be that person on a crowded bus or plane who opens a container of strong-smelling food!
- Wear comfortable clothes!
- Bring a good pair of headphones.
- Make sure both your laptop and phone are completely charged before you leave, and if your phone dies, use your laptop to charge your phone if you don’t have an outlet available.
- It’s best to have backup — print your ticket even if you have it on your phone.
- If it’s cold, wear layers. You can use them as blankets or pillows on the bus or plane.
- Always have some cash, just in case you go to somewhere where they do not accept cards.
- If you have the Netflix app on your phone or tablet, you can download movies or episodes of shows that you can watch even if you don’t have Wi-Fi. The buses say they have Wi-Fi but it is not that good and they do not let you stream.
Good Luck with your travels!