Chestnut Hill College invites applications for a full-time Assistant Professor position in Chemistry, beginning August 2023. The Chemistry Department is seeking a broadly trained chemist to teach introductory and upper-level courses in Organic Chemistry and/or Biochemistry. Chestnut Hill College offers majors in Chemistry, Biochemistry, and Forensic Chemistry in addition to supporting degree requirements in other natural science majors at the College. Faculty are evaluated based on contributions to teaching, scholarship according to the Boyer Model, and service to the community/college/discipline.
Chestnut Hill College, founded by the Sisters of Saint Joseph, is an independent, Catholic institution that fosters excellence by providing a holistic education within a strong liberal arts tradition. The mission of the college is dedicated to serving the Dear Neighbor without distinction, including students, faculty, staff, the surrounding community, and our global neighbors.
- Ph.D. in Chemistry or a closely related field (required) with a specialization in Organic Chemistry and/or Biochemistry (preferred).
- Teaching experience at the undergraduate level is also preferred.
- Teach 24 credit hours in the academic year (12 per semester, note that lab hours are counted as teaching credit hours)
- Engage in scholarly activities in keeping with the Boyer Model of Scholarship
- Participate in service to the Chemistry Department, the College, and their profession
- Assist with course revisions and curriculum development
- Assist, advise, and mentor students in course selection, career development, and research pursuits
Interested candidates should send a letter of interest, areas of research and/or scholarly interest, curriculum vitae, names, and contact information of three references, and reprints or preprints (if applicable) to Jobs@chc.edu. No phone calls, please.
Official graduate and undergraduate transcripts will be needed if granted an interview. The department is particularly interested in applications from individuals who would contribute to doctoral faculty diversity.
Currently, the College is requiring COVID vaccines for all faculty, staff, and students. There will be limited exemptions for medical or religious reasons.
Chestnut Hill College is an employer committed to a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion as a core value. To foster an inclusive community and support our diverse student body, we embrace equal access and welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, and encourage applications from groups historically underrepresented in higher education. We are committed to increasing the diversity of the college community and the curriculum.