Chestnut Hill College invites applications for a full-time Assistant Professor position in Biology, beginning August 2023.
The Biology Department faculty is composed of dedicated, caring individuals who are experts in their respective biological and clinical disciplines. The Department is seeking a broadly trained biologist with specific expertise in Anatomy and Physiology (A&P I & II), a two-semester course with lecture and lab components. The candidate may also have the opportunity to teach introductory and upper-level courses as needed or a Special Topics course in other areas of their interest. Faculty are evaluated based on contributions to teaching, scholarship according to the Boyer Model, and service to the community/college/discipline.
Chestnut Hill College, founded by the Sisters of Saint Joseph, is an independent, Catholic institution that fosters excellence by providing a holistic education within a strong liberal arts tradition. The mission of the college is dedicated to serving the Dear Neighbor without distinction, including students, faculty, staff, the surrounding community, and our global neighbors.
- Ph.D. in Biological Sciences is preferred, an M.S. in Biology or in a closely related field will be considered.
- A Clinical degree or Licensure/Certification in areas closely related to Anatomy & Physiology will be also considered
- Teaching experience at the undergraduate level preferred
- Teach 24 credit hours in the academic year (12 per semester, note that lab hours are counted as teaching credit hours)
- Engage in scholarly activities in keeping with the Boyer Model of Scholarship
- Participate in service to the Biology Department, the College, and to their profession
- Assist with course revisions and curriculum development
- Assist, advise, and mentor students in course selection, career development, and research pursuits
Interested candidates should send a letter of interest, areas of research and/or scholarly interest, curriculum vitae, names, and contact information of three references, and reprints or preprints (if applicable) to Jobs@chc.edu. No phone calls, please.
Official graduate and undergraduate transcripts are required if granted an interview. The department is particularly interested in applications from individuals who would contribute to doctoral faculty diversity.
Currently, the College is requiring COVID vaccines for all faculty, staff, and students. There will be limited exemptions for medical or religious reasons.
Chestnut Hill College is an employer committed to a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion as a core value. In an effort to foster an inclusive community and support our diverse student body, we embrace equal access and welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, and encourage applications from groups historically underrepresented in higher education. We are committed to increasing the diversity of the college community and the curriculum.