Seeking Vision and Leadership for Enrollment and Student Success
Chestnut Hill College, located in Philadelphia, PA, is seeking an outstanding and experienced leader with excellent knowledge of all aspects of student recruitment, admissions, and retention. The Vice President for Enrollment Management will provide vision and direction on all phases of enrollment management and will support and advance the mission of the College while enhancing recruitment and retention efforts across the Undergraduate, Graduate, and Continuing and Professional Studies programs. Priorities include working closely with College leadership and other stakeholders to develop and implement enrollment strategies driven by institutional goals enhancing student success and supporting a diverse student population.
Successful candidates will be knowledgeable and dynamic leaders who bring innovative ideas and approaches to prospective student outreach and recruitment. A demonstrated commitment to the College’s values of inclusion, social justice, and service to the community is essential. The Vice President must be skilled at guiding and mentoring both new and seasoned professionals and motivating a team toward common goals.
About Chestnut Hill College
Chestnut Hill College, founded by the Sisters of Saint Joseph in 1924, is an independent, Catholic institution that strives to foster equality through education. Faithful to its strong liberal arts tradition, the College offers academic programs of excellence in the areas of undergraduate, graduate, and continuing and professional studies. The College, situated in Chestnut Hill, a charming neighborhood in Northwest Philadelphia, serves a culturally diverse student body of about 1,600 students, maintains a student-faculty ratio of 11:1, and encourages students to fully engage in campus life opportunities, including 18 NCAA Division II athletic teams. The College community is proud of their mission to provide students with holistic education marked by academic excellence, shared responsibility, personal and professional growth, service to one another and to the global community, and concern for the Earth. For more information, please visit: https://www.chc.edu.
Applications are sought from candidates who possess the following.
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive enrollment management leadership experience, including experience supervising professional staff.
- Demonstrated experience in higher education enrollment management including all aspects of recruitment funnels, budgetary and personnel responsibilities, data analytics, and strategic marketing plans. Experience recruiting the populations served by the three Schools—Undergraduate Studies, Graduate Studies, and Continuing and Professional Studies (Accelerated Adult programs)—is preferred.
- Experience with current best practices in enrollment management, admission, and retention processes.
- Proven understanding of and experience in supporting the success of a diverse student population.
- Clear commitment to enhancing and supporting an inclusive community in which all members of the community are respected and valued.
- Familiarity with the operations of financial aid, communication, and marketing.
- Knowledge and understanding of current and emerging technology related to recruitment and retention.
- Proven record of dynamic, collaborative, proactive, visionary, and ethical leadership as well as professional integrity and discretion.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, management, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
The Vice President provides innovative and strategic leadership in identifying and achieving overall enrollment goals and is a key resource in advancing the Mission of the College. The Vice President oversees the departments of Admissions, Global Education, and Student Success. As a member of the President’s Cabinet, the Vice President collaborates with other senior administrators in strategic planning across the institution and initiates priorities for enrollment at all levels of academic programs. The Vice President for Enrollment Management reports directly to the President on all matters pertaining to enrollment management and is a member of Senior Administration. The Vice President provides supervision for: the Executive Director of Graduate Admissions; the Directors of Undergraduate Admissions, Transfer Admissions, Accelerated Adult Admissions, Global Education, and the Tichenor-Greer Scholars Program; and the Enrollment Services Coordinator.
The Vice President for Enrollment Management will:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive strategic enrollment management plan including innovative initiatives to optimize recruitment and retention efforts across all student populations (Undergraduate, Graduate, and Continuing and Professional Studies).
- Coordinate and lead the work of the Enrollment Management departments (Admissions, Global Education, and Student Success) in support of institutional enrollment goals.
- Facilitate communication and cooperation within and among the Enrollment Management departments and other administrative and academic units of the institution.
- Develop and monitor department budgets.
- Work collaboratively with the Financial Aid office to monitor packaging strategies and ensure that institutional financial aid resources meet the needs of both new and continuing students.
- Oversee enrollment, recruitment, and retention data reporting and interpretation to support sound recruitment decision making.
- Work closely with Academic Affairs, Student Life, and IT personnel in all issues related to recruitment and retention efforts.
- Foster collaboration among department staff and staff in all areas of the College to articulate opportunities to prospective students and families.
- Partner with the Chief Communications Officer in developing consistent branding and messaging. Manage marketing strategies for admissions to leverage programs to attract, enroll, and retain students.
Application Procedure and Timeline
Chestnut Hill College has partnered with Keeling & Associates, LLC, for this search. Application materials should include a cover letter and resume and must be sent, preferably in PDF format, to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of the email should read “CHC – VPEM.” A confidential review of applications will begin on March 15, 2021, and all materials submitted by that date will receive full consideration.
Confidential nominations, expressions of interest, and requests for conversations about the position prior to application are welcome and should be directed to Jeff Ewing, Senior Consultant for Executive Search, at email@example.com.
Chestnut Hill College is an employer committed to a culture of diversity and inclusion as a core value. In an effort to support our diverse student community, we embrace equal access and welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, and encourage applications from groups underrepresented in higher education. We are committed to increasing the diversity of the College community and the curriculum.