- To provide efficient interlibrary loan service while maintaining accurate lending/borrowing data
- To update library website and Lib Guides content
- To provide Information Literacy instruction and campus outreach
- To collaborate closely with Systems Librarian on critical issues regarding the accessibility/security of library resources
- To initiate outreach activities that attract patrons to library use
- MLS; MLIS from an ALA-accredited institution or equivalent degree.
- Minimum of three years professional experience in academic or related library work
- Service-oriented proficiency with ILL technology and delivery
- Information Literacy teaching experience in a library setting
- Skill in using relevant reference databases/resources
- Demonstrated knowledge of current and emerging information technologies and trends
- Some evening and weekend hours are required
Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency with current technologies, including presentation instruments, common Microsoft products, and social media tools.
- Strong organizational and project management skills in an environment of limited resources and competing claims
- Creative ability and experience in offering attractive outreach activities
- Proven punctuality and the ability to be flexible and cooperative while working independently in a team environment
- Effective decision-making abilities in public service situations
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively with persons from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Ability to keep up-to-date records and statistics and to organize work
- Share expertise in relevant library technologies and in teaching and learning
- Manage Inter-Library Loan transactions
- With Systems Librarian, update Web page and Lib Guides as needed; create new Lib Guides as curriculum demands
- Compile/contribute to statistical and other library reports.
- Provide reference assistance and library instruction for students, faculty and staff in person or by online chat, email or telephone
- Balance technology needs against fiscal realities of an academic environment.
- Encourage and promote communication, collaboration and excellent customer service throughout the Library
- Assist with circulation when necessary
- Participate in Library Liaison program.
- Offer reference assistance in person, and via email, phone or live chat
- Undertake other duties as assigned
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and names and contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Chestnut Hill College is an employer committed to a culture of diversity and inclusion as a core value. In an effort to support our diverse student community, we embrace equal access and welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, and encourage applications from groups underrepresented in higher education. We are committed to increasing the diversity of the college community and the curriculum.