To provide administrative and support services to the Financial Aid and Billing staff and to provide information and guidance to the student population in order to ensure effective and efficient operations in the Financial Aid Office which is part of Student Financial Services.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent customer relations and listening skills; ability to exercise tact and discretion
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Effective written communication skills;
- Demonstrated time management, organizational, and planning skills
- Use resources effectively and appropriately to avoid and resolve potential issues.
- Demonstrated experience delivering accurate and courteous service in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Ability to clearly and respectfully communicate with students, families, and university constituents through a variety of media.
- Must be flexible, a team-player, have cultural sensitivity, and demonstrate initiative.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced and time sensitive environment and the ability to adapt to changing and competing priorities.
- Ability to work within the scope of Title IV and FERPA regulations.
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office Suite software as well as knowledge of Powerfaids/Jenzabar
- Ability to educate students and families on their financial and registration records inquiries.
- Must be a self-starter with a great degree of internal motivation.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or the equivalent combination of education and experience in a Financial Aid setting
- 1 to 3 years’ experience working in a fast-paced office setting or in a customer service setting
- A general knowledge of student financial aid regulations preferred
- Provide receptionist services in Student Financial Services such as:
- Greet and assist visitors, students and their families in the office,
- Answer main phone line,
- Direct calls and respond to inquiries
- Collect and scan incoming student documents
- Assist and support the Financial Aid Team with communicating with the students and completing the students’ financial aid files;
- Monitor finaid e-mail and faxes daily (review and answer or escalate as needed)
- Monitor voicemails and return any voicemails
- Provide administrative support to the Financial Aid office such as:
- Type correspondence, reports and other documents
- Maintain office files
- Take minutes at meetings
- Office Supply ordering
- Mail Distribution, fax distribution
- Review and maintain student financial aid files including:
- Keep track of missing documents and materials in the students’ files,
- Contact students to obtain missing documents or incomplete and materials
- Create files for new students
- Assist with mass mailings and mass e-mail communications
- Work closely with the student billing department regarding student’s statements, refunds, and balances
- Provide on demand information to students such as
- Copies of billing statements
- Copies of financial aid correspondence and financial aid instructions
- Manage Federal Work Study Program
- Facilitate work study communication and monitoring of eligibility
- Manage incoming FWS job descriptions and solicit positions from potential supervisors
- Track open and closed FWS positions
- Collect and organize FWS timesheets
- Track timesheets and hours, submit to payroll
- Design all program manuals, forms, and processes
- Reconcile student earnings monthly
- Other duties as assigned.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Jobs@chc.edu. No phone calls please.
Chestnut Hill College is an employer committed to a culture of diversity and inclusion as a core value. In an effort to support our diverse student community, we embrace equal access and welcome application from candidates of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, and encourage applications from groups underrepresented in higher education. We are committed to increasing the diversity of the college community and the curriculum.