The position is a leadership role in guiding the ongoing achievement of a high functioning development team and encouraging collaboration and creativity to increase alumni engagement and funds raised. Working closely with the Vice President, the incumbent manages the daily operations of the department and supervises a team of development staff that manages the Griffin Fund, planned giving, major gifts and stewardship. In the VPIA’s absence, this position is responsible for the department’s personnel and functions.
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred.
- 10 years’ experience in fundraising, with significant experience in higher education, preferably in annual giving, major gifts and stewardship.
- Proven supervisory/management experience.
- Proven understanding of the moves management process and demonstrated success cultivating and soliciting donors.
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission and values of Chestnut Hill College and the work necessary for successful results.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and communication skills.
- Evening and weekend work required.
- Assist the VPIA with the launch and successful execution of a new fund raising campaign.
- Oversee the implementation of department priorities and strategic initiatives established by the VPIA.
- Manage the daily operations for the department.
- Take a lead role in planning regional donor visits for the President and VPIA.
- Maintain a portfolio of 20-30 major gift prospects, with a minimum of 12 proposals submitted per year and 2-4 donor visits per month.
- Supervise three professional level staff.
- Manage the College’s Annual Scholarship Gala event.
- Serve as primary liaison for 1-2 Class Reunion Years.
- Draft correspondence such as proposals, acknowledgments, and letters for signature.
- Serve as primary Liaison with the Communications and Marketing Department, ensuring completion of collaborative projects in a timely manner with high quality results.
- Oversee the department’s online presence.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume to Jobs@chc.edu. No phone calls please.
Chestnut Hill College is an employer committed to a culture of diversity and inclusion as a core value. In an effort to support our diverse student community, we embrace equal access and welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, and encourage applications from groups underrepresented in higher education. We are committed to increasing the diversity of the college community and the curriculum.