Chestnut Hill College is seeking a full-time (40 hours/week) Payroll Coordinator to process the monthly payroll. We will consider exceptionally qualified candidates desiring part-time hours (less than 30 hours/week).
Process monthly payroll to include preparation, reconciliation, transmission and report generation within the ancillary payroll system.
- Associate’s degree in Business, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and payroll experience
- Three years’ payroll processing experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and programs and ADP systems
- Proven ability to perform the primary and secondary functions of the position
- Ability to provide excellent customer service in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to interact with all levels within the organization
- Excellent organization, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Capability to work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated knowledge of applicable federal and state regulations related to payroll
- Must maintain strict confidentiality using discretion and sound judgment
- Professionalism, positive attitude and collaborate work style
Process payroll transactions including but not limited to the following:
- Input and process payroll in a timely manner
- Maintain employee data in the payroll system such as wage rates, benefit deductions/elections, tax exemptions and personal information
- Process new hire paperwork
- Process employee updates/changes
- Generate reports to assist in payroll data analysis
- Prepare and submit employee and employer 403b contributions in accordance with established schedule
- Generate deduction reports to process the monthly 403b contribution
- Assist with additional payroll functions such as wage garnishments, manual checks, stop payments and reversals
- Liaise with Human Resources Department to ensure accurate information for payment
- Maintain confidential payroll files
- Populate the payroll journal entry for posting to the general ledger
- Assist Accounting Services as needed
- Review and update demographic data in the payroll system
- Assist with tracking overtime hours and leave time (sick, vacation and personal days)
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume to Jobs@chc.edu. No phone calls please.
Chestnut Hill College is an employer committed to a culture of diversity and inclusion as a core value. In an effort to support our diverse student community, we embrace equal access and welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, and encourage applications from groups underrepresented in higher education. We are committed to increasing the diversity of the college community and the curriculum.