The Head Coach is responsible for planning, programming, directing, supervising, and implementing the duties and functions for the sports program. The Head Coach must work closely with others involved in carrying out the philosophy and objectives of the intercollegiate athletic program.
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree preferred.
- Two years of coaching experience at the collegiate level.
- Proven knowledge of the sport, including training and conditioning techniques and the ability to diagnose player deficiencies and prescribe corrective activities.
- Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Commitment to the mission, policies and procedures of Chestnut Hill College.
- Maintain current CPR, AED, and First Aid Certification
- Complete annual NCAA coaching certification test.
- Position requires evening and weekend hours.
- Comply with college, department, CACC and NCAA policies, and disseminate requirements to assistant coaches and student athletes.
- Work with the Assistant athletic director in purchasing equipment, supplies and uniforms for the particular sport.
- Assist the athletic director in developing the annual budget.
- Work with the Assistant athletic director in scheduling independent games.
- Recruit prospective student-athletes working closely with the Admissions and Athletic Departments.
- Attend annual awards program and all Athletic department meetings.
- Accountable for the behavior of student-athletes to exhibit superior sportsmanship and setting a positive example.
- Notify team of all policies, procedures, and training rules as they pertain to the team.
- Attend institutional sponsored drug and alcohol awareness programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume to Jobs@chc.edu. No phone calls please.
Chestnut Hill college is an employer committed to a culture of diversity and inclusion as a core value. In an effort to support our diverse student community, we embrace equal access and welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, and encourage applications from