This position is a critical point of contact for prospective students and their families and significant others. This position will build and oversee recruiting and conversion events and visitation agendas that fulfill visitor needs for all units within VPEM. The role will oversee the day-to-day operation of the Admissions Welcome Center, including co-supervising student volunteer tour guides and student event volunteers. Additionally, this position may be required to perform some territory management functions, and recruitment/travel could be requested. This position will report to the Vice President of Enrollment Management and work closely day-to-day with the Director of Admissions (SUS), the Executive Director of Graduate Admission (SGS), Executive Director of Accelerated Adult Degree Programs (AADP), and the Director of Financial Aid (OFA). In addition, the Assistant Director will work in tandem with the Marketing and Communications team to coordinate promotional materials, content for marketing, and advertising. This position will also serve to keep visit pages on the web up-to-date and relevant.
- Passion for helping people and serving as a first-person point of contact for prospective students and their families. - Ability to plan and execute events; inception to production.
- Attention to detail and organization skills will be critical for the success of the work related to this position.
- Appreciation for higher education and exceptionally able to embrace the value of Catholic higher education.
- Ability to communicate with others using different modalities and for various reasons.
- Able to assess and analyze; strong critical thinking skills.
- Strong team player and possesses a passion for their work.
- Familiar and comfortable using technology to manage day-to-day and event planning; able to incorporate Social Media into communications and marketing.
- Bachelor's degree from a recognized college/university required.
- Two years of experience in higher education event planning and campus visit programming
- Lead and develop all prospective student event planning, including daily visits, information sessions, and open houses; the events will include in-person and virtual. This role will be responsible for leading the events team and coordinating services throughout the university.
- Serve as the Welcome Center manager overseeing the day-to-day operation including, but not limited to, arranging/scheduling individual requests for the visit, managing and directing incoming phone calls, helping with the general admissions email, welcoming in-person visits, overseeing admissions material inventory. This role will also serve to help coordinate group visits.
- Assist with supervising student volunteers (tour guides and tele-counseling team) throughout the year for day-to-day prospective student engagement and hiring and training. Serve as a mentor and professional example to student volunteers.
- Manage the email engagement and promotional mailing strategy with prospective students and their families for visits; help develop appropriate communications before the visit and follow up to visit. Work closely with communications, marketing, and other stakeholders to ensure relevant and compelling content for successful outcomes.
- Work collaboratively with the Director of Admissions (SUS), the Executive Director of Graduate Admission (SGS), Executive Director of Accelerated Adult Degree Programs (AADP) and the Director of Financial Aid (OFA), and other members of the VPEM division to meet each area's visit and event strategic goals and objectives.
- The role will also help develop and implement new visit programs that reflect the evolving needs of our prospective students.
- Conduct on-campus information sessions for both large and small groups.
- Represent the College at external recruitment events as needed. Effectively represent the College to prospective students and all external publics in interviews, information sessions, and special projects.
- Assist with reading files, following up with prospective student applicants, and managing recruitment territories as needed.
- Evening and weekend work
- Other duties as assigned.
Currently the College is requiring COVID vaccines for all faculty, staff, and students. There will be limited exemptions for medical or religious reasons.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Jobs@chc.edu. No phone calls please.
Chestnut Hill College is an employer committed to a culture of diversity and inclusion as a core value. In an effort to support our diverse student community, we embrace equal access and welcome application from candidates of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, and encourage applications from groups underrepresented in higher education. We are committed to increasing the diversity of the college community and the curriculum.