Chestnut Hill College is an NCAA Division II institution and a member of the Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC), and a full member of the Collegiate Sprint Football League (CSFL). The Head Coach position provides leadership, vision, and strategic planning for the College Sprint Football team. This position also is responsible for coordinating all aspects of the Sprint Football program while managing the ordering, inventory, and maintenance of the department’s gear and equipment. This position is a full-time 12-month appointment
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree preferred.
- Prior head coaching experience at the collegiate level is preferred. Previous coaching experience at the high school level will be considered.
- Prior experience recruiting at the collegiate level and knowledge of financial aid packaging is strongly desired.
- Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Adherence to College policies and procedures relating to social conduct, athletic training, uniforms, equipment, finance reporting and compliance.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Maintain Current CPR, AED, and First Aid Certifications.
- Full-time office hours including evening and weekend hours.
- Manage all aspects of the program which includes managing recruitment, academic success, budgets, planning constructive workouts, scheduling opponents, fundraising and maintaining program integrity with respect to CSFL, NCAA and Chestnut Hill College rules and regulations.
- Manage equipment ordering, travel planning, and purchase order creation.
- Hire, manage and develop assistant coaching staff capable of meeting expectations of the CSFL, NCAA and the College mission.
- Work with the Admissions and Financial Aid departments to maximize the recruitment efforts necessary to field a competitive sprint football program.
- Accountable for the behavior of student-athletes to exhibit superior sportsmanship and setting a positive example.
- Attend annual athletic awards banquet, CSFL conference meetings, all-star balloting or voting meetings, and Athletic department meetings.
- Drive college vans, as needed.
- Hire and supervise federal work study students.
- Manage athletic equipment to include washing and distributing uniforms and practice gear and ordering laundry supplies when needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to Jobs@chc.edu. No phone calls please.
Chestnut Hill College is an employer committed to a culture of diversity and inclusion as a core value. In an effort to support our diverse student community, we embrace equal access and welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, and encourage applications from groups underrepresented in higher education. We are committed to increasing the diversity of the college community and the curriculum.