The Head Coach is the individual charged (in conjunction with the Director of Athletics) with the responsibility, planning, programming, directing, supervising, and implementing of duties and functions for the individual sports program. The Head Coach must work closely with all others involved in carrying out the philosophy and objectives of the intercollegiate athletic program. The Head Coach is directly responsible to the Director of Athletics. As a full-time member of the athletic department staff, the Director of Athletics may assign the head coach additional duties. Including but not limited to the assignment of event management responsibilities. Position will require evening and weekend hours.
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited college or university; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Strong interpersonal communications and organizational skills.
- Possesses and maintains a high moral character that is in congruence with the Mission of Chestnut Hill College.
- Possesses a good knowledge of the sport assigned including, but not limited to, knowledge of training and conditioning techniques and the ability to diagnose player deficiencies and prescribe corrective activities.
- Possess a good ability to communicate with student athletes and parents.
Goal and Performance Responsibilities:
- Assign duties and responsibilities to assistant coach(es).
- Responsible for being thoroughly familiar with and complying with all College, Department, Conference and NCAA policies, and disseminate such information to assistant coaches and student athletes. This includes annual completion of the NCAA coaching certification test.
- Work with Athletic Director at Plymouth Whitemarsh High School in coordinating fields for our teams (practices and contests). Communicate all practice/game changes with coaches and athletic trainers.
- Assist the athletic director in developing the annual budget.
- Work with the Associate athletic director in scheduling independent contests.
- Show respect for officials, opposing coaches, visiting teams, parents, fans, student athletes, fellow coaches, and faculty.
- Attend all meetings called by athletic director.
- Recruit and contact prospective student athletes to the athletic program, working closely with the Admissions Department and the Athletic Department.
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities related to the coaching position as needed or directed by the Athletic Director.
- Be responsible for awards presentations made during the annual awards program, and incorporating total coaching staff.
- Responsible for treating the academic achievement and requirements necessary for progress toward a degree as a matter of the highest priority for the student-athlete, and to be sensitive to class and final examination schedules when scheduling practice and game competition.
- Provide leadership that promotes positive attitudes and good sportsmanship.
- Work with athletes in a fair, understanding, tolerant, sympathetic, and patient manner.
- Notify all members of the team of all policies, procedures, and training rules as they pertain to the team.
- Be responsible for the conduct of student athletes and other involved students at all times – practices, games, bus rides, other schools, etc.
- Promote unity within the coaching staff and within the framework of the Athletic Department.
- Responsible for maintaining current CPR, AED, and First Aid Certification
- Serve as game administrator for assigned home events.
Currently the College is requiring COVID vaccines for all faculty, staff, and students. There will be limited exemptions for medical or religious reasons.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Jobs@chc.edu. No phone calls please.
Chestnut Hill College has a deep commitment to fostering an inclusive community as a core value. In an effort to support our diverse student body and further the diversity of our faculty and staff, we welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. To that end, we encourage applications from historically underrepresented groups. Chestnut Hill College takes seriously our stance on and will not tolerate discrimination against any individual grounded on their actual or assumed ethnic background, skin color, religion, ancestry, genetic information, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, marital status, socioeconomic status, age, veteran status, disability, use of guide or support animals and/or mechanical aids, or any basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Following the requirements contained within Title IX, Chestnut Hill College will not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational program and activity, including employment.