The Financial Aid Counselor for processing is responsible for providing support to all Financial Aid Counselors and the Director to ensure compliance with Federal and State student aid. Assists the Financial Aid Director with awarding and packaging for three academic programs: (1) an accelerated program, (2) a traditional undergraduate program and (3) a graduate program. Assists with the assessment and processes related to student satisfactory academic progress and PA State Grant eligibility with financial aid extensions for financial aid students.
Reporting to the Director of Financial Aid, the incumbent will interact with Student Accounts, students, alumni, faculty, and other College constituents in accordance with superior student service, financial literacy, and the mission of the College.
- Excellent customer relations and listening skills including the ability to exercise tact and discretion.
- Demonstrated problem solving, time management, organizational, and planning skills.
- Use resources effectively and appropriately to avoid and resolve potential issues.
- Demonstrated experience delivering accurate and courteous service in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Must be flexible, a team player, have cultural sensitivity, and demonstrate initiative.
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced and time sensitive environment and adapt to changing and competing priorities.
- Ability to work within the scope of Title IV and FERPA regulations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of PA State Grant and other special programs.
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office Suite software as well as knowledge of Powerfaids/Jenzabar/Infomaker.
- Ability to educate students and families on financial and registration records inquiries.
- Must be a self-starter with a great degree of internal motivation.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Three (3) + years’ experience in a student financial aid office including experience administering PA State Grant programs.
- Experience working with complex regulations and policies.
- Must be in good standing in all Federal Title IV programs.
- Experience with Powerfaids/Jenzabar/Infomaker systems preferred.
- Award all aspects of federal, state, and institutional financial aid and maintain current knowledge of Title IV regulations.
- Award and process financial aid for a designated population (undergraduate, graduate, and accelerated students).
- Complete student verifications within designated populations and audits and completes those files.
- Manage electronic files for students and parents in completing financial aid forms to include FAFSA and verification requirements.
- Assist in processing federal and educational loan applications.
- Administer Pennsylvania State Grant and special programs, as needed.
- Maintain highly sensitive, confidential, accurate, academic and financial information on all student records in accordance with FERPA guidelines.
- Coordinate Financial Aid presence on chc.edu website
- Assist Director with creating and maintaining department reports including Powerfaids, Infomaker, and Access reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including serving as a ‘back-up’ for office assistant and providing front desk coverage.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume to Jobs@chc.edu. No phone calls please.
Chestnut Hill College is an employer committed to a culture of diversity and inclusion as a core value. In an effort to support our diverse student community, we embrace equal access and welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, and encourage applications from groups underrepresented in higher education. We are committed to increasing the diversity of the college community and the curriculum.