The Assistant to the VPIA represents the Office of Institutional Advancement, setting the tone for all interactions with Chestnut Hill College’s supporters – both internal and external. This position’s first and foremost responsibility is to support the Vice President in her work with the College’s most generous donors. It will be essential to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and to be discrete in relationships with colleagues and supporters.
Duties include routine work such as mailings, processing invoices, and maintaining paperwork for board meetings, staff time off, and donor files. There will also be a variety of work in preparing for events and working with colleagues at a few weekend or evening events (no more than 3-4 times a year).
This is a busy, dynamic office environment with much to offer the right candidate.
- The ability to maintain strict confidentiality and exercise discretion in all matters
- Good organizational skills and the desire to contribute to the unity of a busy office
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including the ability to work collaboratively and diplomatically with various audiences
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Flexibility, teamwork, and a sense of humor
- Prior experience in a busy office, preferably in higher education or a non-profit
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Office suite and a curiosity to occasionally try new applications or software in order to meet a need
- Occasional weekend and evening work (perhaps 3-4 times a year)
- A bachelor’s degree
- Prior experience with using Raiser’s Edge preferred, or a willingness to learn to use it, required.
- An attitude of customer service
Interested candidates may submit a resume and cover letter to Sharon Dougherty, Director of Human Resources, at DoughertySB@chc.edu. No phone calls, please.