In congruence with the Mission of Chestnut Hill College to provide a holistic experience, the Head Coach is the individual charged (in conjunction with the Director of Athletics) with the responsibility, planning, programming, directing, supervising, and implementing of duties and functions for the individual sports program. The Head Coach must work closely with all others involved in carrying out the philosophy and objectives of the intercollegiate athletic program. The Head Coach is directly responsible to the Director of Athletics. As a full-time member of the athletic department staff, the head coach will be assigned additional duties by the Director of Athletics including, but not limited to, the assignment of responsibilities working with the Assistant Director of Athletics for Academic Success and Community Engagement to support student-athlete academic success. This position will require evening and weekend hours.
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited college or university; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge about e-sports and the technology that is utilized for gaming.
- Successful collegiate gaming and coaching experience preferred.
- Competitive level experience with multiplayer online video games preferred.
- Strong interpersonal communication and organizational skills.
- Possess and maintains a high moral character that is in congruence with the expectations of the Mission of Chestnut Hill College.
- Possess a good knowledge of E-sports including, but not limited to, knowledge of training and conditioning techniques and the ability to diagnose player deficiencies and prescribe corrective activities.
- Possess a good ability to communicate with student-athletes and parents.
Goal and Performance Responsibilities (Head Coach):
- In an effort to develop the social and emotional learning model at the college, the head coach is responsible for recruitment and retention of student-athletes to the program. Working closely with the Admissions Department and the Athletics Department, it is the responsibility of the head coach to be all-inclusive (men, women, individuals with disabilities, etc.) when adding members to this program.
- Work with assistant coaches to develop the core competencies of social and emotional learning with the student-athletes including, but not limited to self-management, self-awareness, responsible decision-making, relationship skills, and social awareness.
- Hire, train, and supervise assistant coach(es).
- Responsible for being thoroughly familiar with and complying with all College, Department, Conference and NCAA policies, and disseminate such information to assistant coaches and student athletes. This includes annual completion of the NCAA coaching modules.
- Work with the Assistant athletic director in purchasing equipment, supplies and uniforms for the particular sport.
- Assist the athletic director in developing the annual budget.
- Work with the Associate athletic director in scheduling independent contests.
- Exhibit respect for opposing coaches, visiting teams, parents, fans, student-athletes, fellow coaches, and faculty.
- Attend all meetings called by the Conference and/or athletic director.
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities related to the coaching position as needed or directed by the Athletic Director.
- Be responsible for awards presentations made during the annual awards program.
- Responsible for treating the academic achievement and requirements necessary for progress toward a degree as a matter of the highest priority for the student-athlete, and to be sensitive to class and final examination schedules when scheduling practice and game competition.
- Provide leadership that promotes positive attitudes and good sportsmanship.
- Notify all members of the team of all policies, procedures, and training rules as they pertain to the team.
- Promote unity within the coaching staff and within the framework of the Athletic Department.
- Actively participate in institutional educational training such as drug and alcohol awareness programs, Title IX, Diversity and Inclusion, Mental Health Awareness, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining current CPR, AED, and First Aid Certification.
- Work with IT to assure that we are maintaining a quality student-athlete experience by updating technology when necessary.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Jobs@chc.edu. No phone calls please.
Chestnut Hill College is an employer committed to a culture of diversity and inclusion as a core value. In an effort to support our diverse student community, we embrace equal access and welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, and encourage applications from groups underrepresented in higher education. We are committed to increasing the diversity of the college community and the curriculum.