Chestnut Hill College (CHC) seeks a Director of the Writing Center. Founded by the Sisters of Saint Joseph, CHC is an independent, Catholic institution that fosters excellence by providing a holistic education within a strong liberal arts tradition. The mission of the college is dedicated to serving the Dear Neighbor--student, faculty, staff, the surrounding community, and our global neighbors--without distinction.
The Director of the Writing Center coordinates all activities that occur at the center, ensuring the accessibility and excellence of tutoring services that enhance students’ written communication abilities.
- Master’s degree in English or related field
- Writing center experience
- Experience teaching at the college level
- Excellent organizational and management skills
- The Writing Center serves students in all divisions of the college. To that end, the Director will:
- Coordinate and promote in person (when appropriate) and online tutoring
- Tutor students.
- Hire, supervise, and evaluate tutors.
- Train tutors.
- Manage daily operations of the center, including keeping records of student contact hours.
- Ensure that writing center services are accessible to all students.
- Assess the delivery of services, at least annually.
- Maintain the WC budget.
- The Director of the Writing Center is staff with important connections with the academic programs of the college. To that end, the Director will:
- Teach two courses each academic year through the English Department.
- Attend Learning Services, English Department, Faculty/Administration, and Faculty Senate meetings.
- Work collaboratively with the other student learning services and with the Director of the Writing Program.
- The writing center promotes writing on campus. To that end, the Director will:
- Nurture a culture of writing across the College.
- Build a writing fellows program.
- Design and deliver writing workshops.
- Work collaboratively with faculty to respond to specific course needs.
Interested candidates may submit a resume and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Chestnut Hill College is an employer committed to a culture of diversity and inclusion as a core value. In an effort to support our diverse student community, we embrace equal access and welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, and encourage applications from groups underrepresented in higher education. We are committed to increasing the diversity of the college community and the curriculum.