In congruence with the Mission of Chestnut Hill College to provide a holistic experience, the Director of Athletic Communications is responsible for all functions of the Athletic Communications Office; this includes game day operations, as well as, daily office work ranging from the generation of content for the Chestnut Hill College Athletics website (griffinathletics.com) and social media platforms, creation of departmental publications, oversight of the social media student interns, and other duties as assigned to enhance the coverage and visibility of the College’s athletic programs. Additionally, the individual in this position is also responsible for communicating and fulfilling the video coordination needs for the College’s 18 intercollegiate athletic programs to the Communication Department (A/V); including video for conference-required video exchange, live game broadcasts, and other video needs as requested by the College’s coaching staffs.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred, with a focus in sport management, communications, or a relatable field.
- 4-6 years of experience working in a collegiate sports information office (undergraduate or professional) or a relatable communications field.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate and work collaboratively with a variety of individuals (college administration, members of local and national media, faculty, students, staff, parents, alumni, etc.)
- Ability to function in a service and team-oriented environment.
- Ability to function independently while, at times, under pressure.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and pay attention to details.
- Strong commitment to the values of intercollegiate athletics in a higher education environment.
- Knowledge and familiarity with the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) rules and statistical guidelines.
- Knowledge and familiarity with Microsoft Office software programs, Presto Stats, and Stat Crew: the Automated Scorebook.
- Knowledge and familiarity with Social Media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Experience working with a Content Management System (CMS) for web site management.
- Generating content for athletics website and various social media platforms.
- Writing and disseminating department news and information via official press releases.
- Producing department literature (game-day programs, media guides, camp brochures, etc.)
- Hiring a photographer for team pictures and special events.
- Nominate and vote for student-athletes, coaches, and administrators for awards of recognition.
- Maintain a relationship with the College’s Audio/Visual Office to facilitate and maximize the Athletic Department’s video needs.
- Game-Day Responsibilities:
- Spotting: Calling statistics for in-game recording.
- Statistical Recording: Data input using Stat Crew.
- Postgame Communications: Dissemination of box scores and postgame materials to opposing institutions, local media, and conference office.
- Public Address: Pregame and in-game announcing.
- Work with the Director of Athletics and Recreation and senior members of departmentstaff to oversee day to day operating tasks within the department.
- Serve as the department’s primary point of contact and serve as a resource for members of the College community, parents, prospects, and visitors should they have inquiries related to athletics.
- Other duties as assigned.
Interested candidate should send a cover letter and resume to Jobs@chc.edu. No phone calls please.
Chestnut Hill College is an employer committed to a culture of diversity and inclusion as a core value. In an effort to support our diverse student community, we embrace equal access and welcome application from candidates of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, and encourage applications from groups underrepresented in higher education. We are committed to increasing the diversity of the college community and the curriculum.