Chestnut Hill College seeks a dynamic leader who, in keeping with the mission of the institution, is dedicated to promoting the spiritual, academic, social, ethical, and moral development of the whole person. Qualifications include a commitment to liberal arts education and the inclusive Catholic mission of the College, collaborative governance, experience in cultural diversity and inclusion programming, strategic planning, and change strategies. Demonstrated leadership ability, vision, creativity, and strong interpersonal skills are required. Earned doctorate is preferred and significant experience in higher education is required.
The College Officer for Diversity and Inclusion reports directly to the President of the College and serves in the President’s Cabinet. The position provides expertise, leadership and collaboration on diversity, equity, and inclusion issues in all areas of campus life and is integral to fulfilling the college’s commitment to build and retain a diverse student body and workforce. In keeping with the College’s commitment to diversity, this position collaborates with campus stakeholders and community partners to build and promote a welcoming, supportive, and inclusive climate at Chestnut Hill College during a dynamic time of growth and change.
- Master’s degree required; Doctorate preferred
- Minimum of five years’ experience in the development and implementation of diversity and inclusion strategies and best practices in higher education
- Cultural competency to work with diverse employee and/or student population; experience advancing organizational diversity and inclusion efforts
- Understanding of and ability to articulate Catholic Social Teaching as it pertains to racial justice, inclusion and equity
- Demonstrated experience in presentation, public speaking, training, and facilitation methodologies. Proven interpersonal communication skills and knowledge of trends and issues related to diversity and intercultural competency learning programs
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing and establish cooperative working relationships with diverse populations including members of the college community and external constituents in the course of performing assigned duties
- Outstanding organizational skills; ability to prioritize and handle several tasks simultaneously while ensuring accuracy and thoroughness in task/project accomplishment. Demonstrated knowledge of budget management and strategic planning,
- Ability to function independently while operating effectively within a team environment.
- Ability to maintain confidential information with discretion
- A high level of professionalism, leadership, creative problem solving, diplomacy, and negotiation and the ability to manage complex projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to work with students, faculty, staff and administration and represent the College to the public and in diverse professional settings
- Advances and supports the mission of Chestnut Hill College.
- Serves as the President’s representative to all campus stakeholders regarding Diversity initiatives
- Provides oversight for formal grievances alleging discrimination within the College community
- Provides expertise and guidance to the administration, faculty, staff, students, and alumni on diversity and inclusion initiatives while building and maintaining relationships with these constituencies
- Plans and coordinates professional development programs and trainings on issues of diversity and inclusion for the College and the community based on “A Path Forward,” our strategic plan for diversity initiatives Oversees needs assessment, design, development, and implementation of training programs to assure the effectiveness of “A Path Forward”
- Reviews current pertinent College policies to ensure they adhere to Diversity legislation, regulations, and other applicable policies in order to meet the needs of the College community
- Consults with campus stakeholders to the recruitment and retention of a diverse faculty, staff, and student body.
- Participates in campus-wide consideration of existing and proposed diversity requirements in curricula in undergraduate and graduate schools as well as in other co-curricular programs
- Collaborates with Title IX Officer on compliance and programs when appropriate
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume to Jobs@chc.edu (Jobs@chc.edu). No phone calls please.
Chestnut Hill College is an employer committed to a culture of diversity and inclusion as a core value. In an effort to support our diverse student community, we embrace equal access and welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, and encourage applications from groups underrepresented in higher education. We are committed to increasing the diversity of the college community and the curriculum.