Under the direction of the Director of Athletic Communications, the Athletic Communications Intern will assist in all functions of the Athletic Communications Office. This includes game day operations (management of the game day student staff, facility set-up and break-down, statistical tracking, public address, scoreboard operation, etc.), as well as, daily office work ranging from the generation of content for the Chestnut Hill College Athletics website (www.griffinathletics.com) and social media platforms, creation of departmental publications, oversight of the social media student interns, and other duties as assigned to enhance the coverage and visibility of the College’s athletic programs. Additionally, the Communications Intern will assist with day to day operations in the Athletic Department.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, with a focus in sport management, communications, or a relatable field.
- 1-2 years of experience working in a collegiate sports information office (undergraduate or professional) or a relatable communications field preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A willingness to work weeknights and weekends.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and work collaboratively with a variety of individuals (college administration, members of local and national media, faculty, students, staff, parents, alumni, etc.)
- Ability to function in a service and team oriented environment.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and pay attention to details.
- Strong commitment to the values of intercollegiate athletics in a higher education environment.
- Knowledge and familiarity with the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) rules and statistical guidelines.
- Knowledge and familiarity with Microsoft Office software programs.
- Knowledge and familiarity with Stat Crew, the Automated Scorebook.
- Knowledge and familiarity with carious Social Media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snap Chat, etc.)
- Experience working with a Content Management System (CMS) for website management.
- Generate content for athletics website (www.griffinathletics.com) and various social media platforms.
- Write and disseminate department news and information via official press releases.
- Produce department literature (game-day programs, camp brochures, etc.)
- Hire photographer for team pictures and special events.
- Maintain a relationship with the College Audio/Visual Office to facilitate and maximize the Athletic Department’s video needs.
- Game-Day Responsibilities:
- Management: Oversee a workforce of up to 10 students,
- Spotting: Calling statistics for in-game recording.
- Statistical Recording: Data input using Stat Crew.
- Postgame Communications: Dissemination of box scores and postgame materials to opposing institutions, local media, and conference office.
- Public Address: Pregame and in-game announcing.
- Clock Operation: Controlling game clock for events.
- In-game Photography: As needed and/or during special events.
- Assist in the planning, coordination, and implementation of community engagement events to ensure campus-wide involvement.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume to Jobs@chc.edu. No phone calls please.
Chestnut Hill College is an employer committed to a culture of diversity and inclusion as a core value. In an effort to support our diverse student community, we embrace equal access and welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, and encourage applications from groups underrepresented in higher education. We are committed to increasing the diversity of the college community and the curriculum.