The Associate Director is responsible for the development and facilitation of a comprehensive enrollment strategy to recruit and retain international students. Additionally, the Associate Director is responsible for the College’s study abroad programs. This position works collaboratively with other campus offices, as well as with state and federal agencies to ensure compliance with regulations related to students’ immigration status. The Associate Director is also a designated school official (DSO) with the Department of Homeland Security.
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized college/university; Master’s degree related to international education preferred.
- Experience in admissions or professional experience in marketing/sales or in an educational environment helpful.
- Working knowledge of the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS).
- Ability to work with students from foreign countries whose first language may not be English.
- Willingness to learn new aspects of international education.
- Ability to interact with diverse groups of students (including graduate and undergraduate) parents, guidance counselors and college and school personnel in a positive manner.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and outstanding organizational skills.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines and handle confidential information.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of Chestnut Hill College and college admissions marketing helpful.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, car and car insurance.
- Must be available for evening and weekend work as well as overnight travel.
- Ability to supervise and train Admissions staff members.
- Responsible for a full-range of recruitment and student support activities related to both international student and domestics students seeking to study abroad.
- Representing the Office of Global Education at on and off campus College events.
- Develop, implement and manage all aspects of the recruitment of transfer and international students including but not limited to:
- Student recruitment and travel plans
- Transfer on-campus programs
- Transfer letter/email flow
- Partnerships and articulation agreements
- International student admissions
- Counsel prospective students, conducting interviews evaluating applications and other projects as assigned in support of achieving institutional enrollment and retention goals.
- Responsible for monitoring and communicating Department of Homeland Security (DHS) regulations regarding admissions, retention, and compliance to all international students, faculty, and staff at Chestnut Hill College.
- Provide orientation for international students in addition to the campus-wide orientation.
- Examine international students’ travel documents every semester.
- Serve as a resource to administration, faculty, and staff regarding compliance with immigration regulations.
- Act as an advocate for international student concerns.
- Maintain membership of NAFSA: Association of International Educators and attend local, regional, and national conferences.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Currently the College is requiring COVID vaccines for all faculty, staff, and students. There will be limited exemptions for medical or religious reasons.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Jobs@chc.edu. No phone calls please.
Chestnut Hill College is an employer committed to a culture of diversity and inclusion as a core value. In an effort to support our diverse student community, we embrace equal access and welcome application from candidates of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, and encourage applications from groups underrepresented in higher education. We are committed to increasing the diversity of the college community and the curriculum.