The Center for Education, Advocacy, and Social Justice (EASJ) at Chestnut Hill College (CHC) in Philadelphia, PA invites applications for an Assistant/Associate Professor of Education to serve Graduate Program Director and coordinate the M.Ed. in Educational Leadership/Principal Certification program. Chestnut Hill College, founded by the Sisters of Saint Joseph, is an independent, Catholic institution that fosters excellence by providing a holistic education within a strong liberal arts tradition. The CHC Education program is practitioner-focused and provides undergraduate and graduate students a distinctive academic program that prepares them for careers in teaching and/or admission into graduate or doctoral programs. The Center for Education, Advocacy, and Social Justice offers graduate certification and M.Ed. degree programs in:
- Early Education (PreK-4 and Dual PreK-4 with Special Education PK-12)
- Early Education with Montessori Credential (AMS Affiliated and MACTE Accredited)
- Educational Leadership with Principal Certification
- Educational Studies (non-certification)
- Secondary Education (Biology, Chemistry, English, Mathematics, Social Sciences, Foreign Languages, and dual with Special Education PK-12)
- Special Education PK-12
This is a full time 12-month faculty position.
- Doctorate in Education (Ed.D. or Ph.D.) or closely related field is required.
- Teaching experience in a K-12 environment is required.
- State certification in Administrative-Supervisory certificate, with a Principal Certificate preferred.
- Classroom teaching experience at a college or university is required and hybrid/online teaching experience is preferred. Candidate should be able to provide evidence of effective college-level teaching
- Administrative experience managing curricula, scheduling courses, advising students, working with PDE standards and accreditation, and collaborating with faculty colleagues is required.
- Ability to work collaboratively with Graduate Admissions to recruit prospective students and applicants is required.
- Evidence of peer reviewed publications and national conference presentations or strong potential for publication is preferred.
- Commitment to high-quality instruction in a student-centered environment.
- Interest in active and collaborative learning and use of instructional technology.
- Teaching/administration, scholarship, and service to the College, to the profession, and to the community.
- Teaching will include primarily graduate education courses, with a particular focus on Educational Leadership/Principal Certification and taught on campus, or hybrid/online courses, in evening program.
- Administrative responsibilities for the Graduate Program Director for the M.Ed. and certification programs in Education include oversight of the graduate curriculum and course schedule, adjunct hiring and supervision, student recruitment, collaboration with Graduate Admissions and the other graduate education coordinators to recruit, admit, and advise graduate students and address student issues.
- Work with the Dean SGS, Director of Graduate Admissions, and Education faculty to develop and maintain partnerships with local schools for student teaching and recruitment purposes.
- Oversight of the graduate curriculum and the course scheduling for Educational Leadership.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, evidence of teaching ability and higher education/practitioner references to Jobs@chc.edu . Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Chestnut Hill College is an employer committed to a culture of diversity and inclusion as a core value. In an effort to support our diverse student community, we embrace equal access and welcome applications from faculty candidates of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, and encourage applications from groups underrepresented in higher education. We are committed to increasing the diversity of the College community and the curriculum.