ASSISTANT OR ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR – CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGY. The APA-accredited Psy.D. Program in Clinical Psychology at Chestnut Hill College in Philadelphia, PA is seeking a neuropsychologist for an Assistant/Asssociate Professor a faculty position beginning August 2023. Assistant or Associate Professor rank and tenure track negotiable.
- Training in clinical neuropsychology consistent with the Houston Conference guidelines
- Teaching and clinical expertise across the lifespan preferred; adult focus acceptable
- Ability to teach courses in psychological and neuropsychological assessment, assessment practicum, and foundational courses including but not limited to Biological Bases of Behavior
- Ability to provide clinical supervision to students conducting psychological and neuropsychological evaluations at college-affiliated psychological services clinic
- Ability to supervise doctoral dissertations in a range of expertise-related topics, especially psychological and neuropsychological assessment
- Ability to incorporate cultural assessment, intervention, and considerations into all aspects of teaching, training, and supervision
- Willingness to mentor students considering a career in clinical neuropsychology, including serving as the faculty advisor for the CHC Chapter of the Association of Neuropsychology Students in Training (ANST) of APA as well as coordinating the Psy.D. program's Neuropsychology Focus in its Assessment Concentration
- Interest in collaborating with the college's Center for Concussion Education and Research preferred
This is a 12-month position with a teaching load of two courses for each of three semesters, service on dissertation committees and other usual duties associated with a full-time faculty appointment. Candidates must have a Ph.D. or Psy.D. in Clinical or Counseling Psychology from an APA-accredited doctoral program, must be licensed or license-eligible in Pennsylvania, must have relevant clinical experience, and must maintain active involvement in clinical practice, supervision, or consultation.
Interested candidates should send a letter of interest, areas of research and/or scholarly interest, curriculum vitae, names and contact information of three references, and reprints or preprints (if applicable) to Jobs@chc.edu. No phone calls please.
Official graduate and undergraduate transcripts will be needed if granted an interview. The department is particularly interested in applications from individuals who would contribute to doctoral faculty diversity.
Currently, the College is requiring COVID vaccines for all faculty, staff, and students. There will be limited exemptions for medical or religious reasons.
Chestnut Hill College is an employer committed to a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion as a core value. In an effort to foster an inclusive community and support our diverse student body, we embrace equal access and welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, and encourage applications from groups historically underrepresented in higher education. We are committed to increasing the diversity of the college community and the curriculum.