- Possesses and maintains a high moral character that is in congruence with the expectations of the Mission of Chestnut Hill College.
- Possesses a good knowledge of the sport assigned including, but not limited to, knowledge of training and conditioning techniques and the ability to diagnose player deficiencies and prescribe corrective activities specific to goalkeeping.
- Candidate should possess collegiate experience as an athlete and/or coaching experience in the college or high school setting.
- Possess a good ability to communicate with student athletes and parents.
- Work with the Head Coach in selecting equipment, supplies and uniforms for the particular sport.
- Work with the Head Coach in scheduling independent games in conjunction with the assistant athletic director.
- Assume the responsibilities for the development of the specific team within the total program, under the direction of the head coach.
- Show respect for officials, opposing coaches, visiting teams, parents, fans, student athletes, fellow coaches, and faculty.
- In the absence of the Head Coach attend all meetings called by conference and athletic director.
- Recruit and contact prospective student athletes to the athletic program, working closely with the Admissions Department and the Athletic Department.
- Demonstrate an interest in the classroom efforts and off-season activities of athletes.
- Notify all members of the team of all policies, procedures, and training rules as they pertain to the team.
- Promote unity within the coaching staff and within the framework of the Athletic Department.
- Be responsible for the conduct of the student athletes and other involved students at all times: practices, games, bus rides, locker room, etc.
- Work to develop teamwork, morale, sportsmanship, courtesy, fair play, academic excellence, and strict adherence to rules of training and conduct.
- Perform any other duties or responsibilities directly related to the coaching position as directed and/or needed.
- Possess a valid driver’s license necessary for driving vans, if needed .
- Maintain current CPR, AED, and First Aid certification.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume to Jobs@chc.edu. No phone calls please.
Chestnut Hill College is an employer committed to a culture of diversity and inclusion as a core value. In an effort to support our diverse student community, we embrace equal access and welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, and encourage applications from groups underrepresented in higher education. We are committed to increasing the diversity of the college community and the curriculum.