The Assistant Registrar serves as the first point of contact for students, faculty, staff, alumni, and parents seeking records, information or data from the Office of the Registrar. The Assistant Registrar works to provide high quality customer service to all constituents of the Registrar’s Office while ensuring the confidentiality of student academic records as required by FERPA and College policies.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Strong computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of student information systems, preferably Jenzabar EX
- Ability to understand and enforce the requirements of FERPA
- Serve as the first point of contact for the Office of the Registrar
- Provide customer service for all in-person requests
- Answer all incoming calls, voicemails, faxes, and emails
- Process requests for transcripts
- Prepare, review and send requested transcripts
- Process degree verifications made through the National Student Clearinghouse website
- Manage all room requests and maintain the room reservation calendar
- Process enrollment verifications
- Assist students and faculty with registration
- Update FERPA waiver information and student records in Jenzabar
- Process change of major/minor forms
- Assist with the production of diplomas, certificates, and other academic documents
- Assist in the registration and enrollment of non-matriculated students
- Comply with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act and other applicable laws and regulations to ensure the integrity of student academic records.
- Sort incoming mail
- Serve as backup for the Associate Registrar
- Other Duties as assigned
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Jobs@chc.edu. No phone calls please.
Chestnut Hill College is an employer committed to a culture of diversity and inclusion as a core value. In an effort to support our diverse student community, we embrace equal access and welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, and encourage applications from groups underrepresented in higher education. We are committed to increasing the diversity of the college community and the curriculum.