Chestnut Hill College is now accepting applications for a full-time, 12-month, tenure track faculty position at the rank of Assistant Professor to teach in the APA accredited Doctor of Psychology (Psy.D.) program in clinical psychology. Chestnut Hill College, founded by the Sisters of Saint Joseph, is an independent, Catholic institution that fosters excellence by providing a holistic education within a strong liberal arts tradition. The Psy.D. program has been fully accredited by APA since 2004. The program employs a practitioner-scholar model to prepare students for the practice of health service psychology. The program emphasizes the development of culturally competent clinical skills, buttressed by psychological knowledge and refined through intensive practice in the classroom and during supervised field placements. The program’s theoretical orientation is a complimentary blend of psychodynamic and systems theory. The program also features optional concentrations in psychological assessment and couple and family psychology.
- A doctorate (Psy.D or Ph.D.) in clinical psychology from an APA accredited program.
- Completion of an APA accredited predoctoral internship in professional psychology.
- Experience teaching courses in cognitive and/or personality assessment at the doctoral level. For recent graduates, an indication of strong potential in this area is acceptable.
- A license to practice psychology in the state of Pennsylvania. A pending application for licensure is acceptable for recent graduates provided all supervised clinical hours have been completed.
- Experience with providing culturally competent psychological assessment services, primarily with adolescent and adult populations.
- The ability to supervise/chair doctoral dissertations.
- Peer reviewed publications and national conference presentations or strong potential for publication for recent graduates.
The successful candidate will be able to contribute to the department and college in the areas of teaching, service, and scholarship. Area(s) of expertise/focus within the field of clinical psychology are open. The candidate will be required to: 1) teach courses in cognitive and personality assessment (objective and projective techniques) of adolescents and adults; 2) serve as an academic advisor; 3) serve on departmental and college committees; and 4) supervise doctoral dissertations; serve as a reader on dissertation committees.
Faculty have the opportunity to supervise trainees in our APA-accredited assessment and psychotherapy training clinic; a release day each week to maintain active involvement in clinical practice, supervision, or consultation; and the opportunity to be part of a highly collaborative and collegial department.
Send a letter of interest, areas of research and/or scholarly interest, curriculum vitae, names and contact information of three references, and reprints or preprints (if applicable) to Jobs@chc.edu . Interviewing will begin in February. If granted an interview, official graduate and undergraduate transcripts must also be submitted.
Chestnut Hill College is an employer committed to a culture of diversity and inclusion as a core value. In an effort to support our diverse student community, we embrace equal access and welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, and encourage applications from groups underrepresented in higher education. We are committed to increasing the diversity of the college community and the curriculum.