The undergraduate program for Computer and Information Sciences at Chestnut Hill College has a faculty position opening at the rank of Assistant Professor or Instructor beginning in the fall of 2020. Chestnut Hill College, founded by the Sisters of Saint Joseph, is an independent, Catholic institution that fosters excellence by providing a holistic education within a strong liberal arts tradition.
The undergraduate Computer and Information Sciences program offers courses that are designed to prepare students for graduate study and/or careers in computer science and related fields. Students take a variety of courses that introduce them to programming concepts, data structures, computer algorithms, computer architecture, networking, and cyber security. Students participate in an internship that enables them to apply their academic knowledge and gain experience in the workplace.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or closely related major. Doctorate degree preferred.
- Documented experience and demonstrated ability with the Java and Python programming languages.
- Demonstrated proficiency with software tools commonly used for application development in Java and Python.
- Excellent research, writing, and oral communication skills.
- Experience with management information technology systems or systems analysis and design.
- Previous college level teaching experience particularly in freshman and sophomore level computer science programming courses.
- Documented experience with learning management systems. Canvas preferred.
- Ability to teach in other areas of computer science, such as, but not limited to, applied cryptography, Linux/Unix, and cybersecurity are a plus.
- Teach courses in support of the undergraduate majors in the Computer and Information Sciences programs including introductory programming, research methods, systems analysis and design, computer history trends and ethical issues and cryptography.
- Advise major and minor students in the Computer and Information Sciences programs in their academic course selection.
- Contribute to departmental duties such as assessment of the program and curriculum development.
- Perform usual duties associated with a full-time faculty appointment.
- Support the mission of Chestnut Hill College.
Send a letter of interest, areas of research and/or scholarly interest, curriculum vitae, names and contact information of three references, and reprints or preprints (if applicable) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviewing will begin in July, 2020. If granted an interview, official graduate and undergraduate transcripts must also be submitted.
The hiring process will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
No phone calls please.
Chestnut Hill College is an employer committed to a culture of diversity and inclusion as a core value. In an effort to support our diverse student community, we embrace equal access and welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, and encourage applications from groups underrepresented in higher education. We are committed to increasing the diversity of the college community and the curriculum.