ASSISTANT OR ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR – CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGY. The APA-accredited Psy.D. Program in Clinical Psychology at Chestnut Hill College in Philadelphia, PA has a faculty position beginning in August 2023. Assistant or Associate Professor rank and tenure track negotiable.
- Formal training in couple and family theory and therapy
- Professional experience providing couple and family therapy to diverse clients and family constellations
- Graduate-level teaching experience (doctoral level teaching experience preferred)
- Ability to teach courses in Couple and Family Psychology and other systems-informed areas
- Ability to provide systems-informed clinical supervision to students conducting individual, couple, family, or group therapy at practicum training sites
- Ability to supervise doctoral dissertations in a range of expertise-related topics
- Ability to incorporate cultural assessment, intervention, and considerations into all aspects of teaching, training, and supervision
- Willingness to mentor students considering a career in professional practice with couples and families
This is a 12-month position with a teaching load of two courses for each of three semesters, service on dissertation committees and other usual duties associated with a full-time faculty appointment. Candidates must have a Ph.D. or Psy.D. in Clinical or Counseling Psychology from an APA-accredited doctoral program, must be licensed or license-eligible in Pennsylvania, must have relevant clinical experience, and must maintain active involvement in clinical practice, supervision, or consultation.
Interested candidates should send a letter of interest, areas of research and/or scholarly interest, curriculum vitae, names and contact information of three references, and reprints or preprints (if applicable) to Jobs@chc.edu. No phone calls please.
Official graduate and undergraduate transcripts will be needed if granted an interview. The department is particularly interested in applications from individuals who would contribute to doctoral faculty diversity.
Currently, the College is requiring COVID vaccines for all faculty, staff, and students. There will be limited exemptions for medical or religious reasons.
Chestnut Hill College is an employer committed to a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion as a core value. In an effort to foster an inclusive community and support our diverse student body, we embrace equal access and welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, and encourage applications from groups historically underrepresented in higher education. We are committed to increasing the diversity of the college community and the curriculum.