The Assistant Director of Campus Life for Residence Life works with the Office of Campus Life and the Dean of Student Life to foster a vibrant campus life experience for students. The Assistant Director of Campus Life for Residence Life works collaboratively in the division of Student Life to develop programs and events that ensure that students have a holistic learning experience.
- Bachelor’s degree and prior residence life experience; Master’s degree preferred.
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights and weekends, including participating in crisis on-call rotation.
- Possess strong communication skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks effectively.
- Demonstrate cultural competency and the ability to communicate effectively in a culturally sensitive manner with both individuals and groups from diverse backgrounds, including but not limited to, international students, racial and ethnic minorities, students with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ+ community, veterans, and other marginalized populations
- Support the Mission of the College
- Successful candidates will have a commitment to diversity and inclusion, must be student focused, a team player, and have a positive attitude
- Work with the Director of Campus Life to develop and implement a collaborative, comprehensive, and integrated leadership training and recognition programs for student leaders, with a special focus on Residence Assistants.
- Work with the Campus Life staff and members of the Student Life division to provide educational and social programming efforts to foster community and support the mission of the College.
- Advise the Residence Hall Association (RHA), designed to provide voice to students living on campus.
- Supervise student workers and work study students of the office.
- Work with the Director of Campus Life to organize and manage the preparation of residence halls and student check-in and checkout, including Opening, Closing and all break periods.
- Work with the Director of Campus Life to maintain accurate residence hall rosters and provide weekly occupancy reports.
- Work with the Director of Campus Life to assign students to rooms and roommates and prepare and distribute material to students and their families.
- Maintain software which tracks housing charges, billing, expenses, keys, and room assignments.
- Serve in Administrative On-Call rotation for resident students by assisting with student interventions and crisis management.
- Actively participate in SEPCHE initiatives, as well as regional and national professional organization opportunities.
- Ensure all programs, events, and content of performances are consistent with the mission of the College.
- Complete special projects as assigned by the Dean of Student Life.
- Serve on College committees and task forces as needed.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume to Jobs@chc.edu (Jobs@chc.edu). No phone calls please.
Chestnut Hill College is an employer committed to a culture of diversity and inclusion as a core value. In an effort to support our diverse student community, we embrace equal access and welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, and encourage applications from groups underrepresented in higher education. We are committed to increasing the diversity of the college community and the curriculum.