- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience in college admissions
- Bi-Lingual, written and oral skills-preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to interact positively with diverse groups of students, parents, guidance counselors and college personnel.
- Ability to create, implement and schedule effective programs for the recruitment of students.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Outstanding organizational skills as must.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines and handle information confidentially.
- Working knowledge or aptitude to learn software packages such as Jenzabar, Slate, Infomaker Hyperion programs, and Microsoft Office Suite applications quickly.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and driver insurance.
- Ability to work extended hours, including evenings and weekends. Hours vary based on the admissions cycle; standard hours while in the office are 9-5, 10-6, or 11-7. Available for occasional overnight travel.
- Maintain consistent communication with prospective students and their families, school counselors, other related constituencies through the admissions cycles. Conduct interviews and information sessions for all populations, and when appropriate tours of campus. Promptly respond to phone calls, email and inquires.
- Manage all activities related to prospective students, applicants, school districts and colleges from assigned territory and populations. As conditions permit, visit more than 100 schools and college fairs during the Fall and Spring. Attend or present at special programs to reach prospects, families, school counselors and other related parties about the College’s programs and offerings, the college search, and other related topics.
- Meet or exceed fall and spring admission goals.
- Work closely with financial aid and other offices on campus to provide information applicants and their families need to enroll at Chestnut Hill.
- Effectively use Slate, the College’s customer relationship system, in the office and when travelling, to manage inquiry and application flow.
- Develop and maintain a Secondary School Counselor Advisory Group. Include representatives from a variety of high school locations and types. Sponsor two annual virtual or on-campus events and maintain monthly communications.
- Coordinate special projects as assigned.
- Monitor leads at all stages of the admissions process and use sound marketing techniques to determine student has needs and match with Chestnut Hill College.
- Other duties as assigned
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to Jobs@chc.edu. Please no phone calls.
Chestnut Hill College is an employer committed to a culture of diversity and inclusion as a core value. In an effort to support our diverse student community, we embrace equal access and welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, and encourage applications from groups underrepresented in higher education. We are committed to increasing the diversity of the college community and the curriculum.