Chestnut Hill College is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Assistant Athletic Trainer. Chestnut Hill College is a steadily growing Division II institution with 18 varsity teams. This position is responsible for providing assistance to the Assistant AD for Sports Medicine in coordination of athletic training services including prevention, evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation of athletic injuries. This is a full-time, 9-month position with benefits.
- Must be NATABOC certified in good standing; Maintain a PA licensure or eligible
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- Graduation from a CAATE approved Athletic Training Education Program
- 1-3 years of athletic training experience, preferably in a college/university environment
- ARC Professional Rescuer or AHA BLS CPR certification required; ARC or AHA instructor preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, SWAY Concussion Management Software, and Injury Tracking Software (ATS, SportsWare, etc)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to function in a service and team oriented environment.
- Ability to function independently, attends to detail, work under pressure and prioritize multiple projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and work collaboratively with a variety of individuals; university community including faculty, students, staff, parents, alumni, media, etc.
- Strong commitment to the value of intercollegiate athletics in a higher education environment
- Coverage of assigned practice and games, as well as treatment/rehab hours in the training room
- Provide evaluation, treatment, and functional rehabilitation of student-athlete injuries
- Maintain accurate and up to date medical records including injury notes, pre-participation forms, and insurance claims
- Provide appropriate medical referrals when necessary
- Clean and sanitize athletic training room and modalities
- Assist in supervision of student workers and athletic training students
- Represent Chestnut Hill College at appropriate conference meetings when necessary
- Pre-game setup and post-game breakdown of athletic training supplies and equipment
- Assist in administration of pre-participation physicals
- Maintain the confidentiality of all department and College information
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics and Recreation
Currently the College is requiring COVID vaccines for all faculty, staff, and students. There will be limited exemptions for medical or religious reasons.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Jobs@chc.edu. No phone calls please.
Chestnut Hill College has a deep commitment to fostering an inclusive community as a core value. In an effort to support our diverse student body and further the diversity of our faculty and staff, we welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. To that end, we encourage applications from historically underrepresented groups. Chestnut Hill College takes seriously our stance on and will not tolerate discrimination against any individual grounded on their actual or assumed ethnic background, skin color, religion, ancestry, genetic information, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, marital status, socioeconomic status, age, veteran status, disability, use of guide or support animals and/or mechanical aids, or any basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Following the requirements contained within Title IX, Chestnut Hill College will not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational program and activity, including employment.