Chestnut Hill College is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Assistant Athletic Trainer. Chestnut Hill College is a steadily growing Division II institution with 21 varsity teams. This position is responsible for providing assistance to the Head Athletic Trainer in coordination of athletic training services including prevention, evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation of athletic injuries. This is a full-time, 9-month position with benefits.
- Must be NATABOC certified in good standing; Maintain a PA licensure or eligible
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- Graduation from a CAATE approved Athletic Training Education Program
- 1-3 years of athletic training experience, preferably in a college/university environment
- ARC Professional Rescuer or AHA BLS CPR certification required; ARC or AHA instructor preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, ImPact Concussion Management Software, and Injury Tracking Software (ATS, SportsWare, etc)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to function in a service and team oriented environment.
- Ability to function independently, attends to detail, work under pressure and prioritize multiple projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and work collaboratively with a variety of individuals; university community including faculty, students, staff, parents, alumni, media, etc.
- Strong commitment to the value of intercollegiate athletics in a higher education environment.
- Assist the Head Athletic Trainer with coverage of practice and games, as well as treatment/rehab hours in the training room
- Provide evaluation, treatment, and functional rehabilitation of student-athlete injuries
- Maintain accurate and up to date medical records including injury notes, pre-participation forms, and insurance claims
- Provide appropriate medical referrals when necessary
- Clean and sanitize athletic training room and modalities
- Assist in supervision of student workers and athletic training students
- Represent Chestnut Hill College at appropriate conference and NCAA meetings when necessary
- Pre-game setup and post-game breakdown of athletic training supplies and equipment
- Assist in administration of pre-participation physicals
- Maintain the confidentiality of all department and College information
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics and Recreation
Please send resume, cover letter and list of references by email to:
Erin Fidler, Head Athletic Trainer